Eric Duncan

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

Have we had two Indian films in a top 10 before?   

That Fri is in line with what we've last heard from Jat, Rth, etc and the weekend figures follows from the Fri pretty reasonably.     

I'd like another M or so for Abominable but that's much better than the super-early 10.4

Also that weekend for DA would make 100M very live for it.

Hustlers headed to join Dumbo, KOTM, Glass, Upside, and LM2 in the bizarre pileup 2019 is developing in the 105-115 range 😛 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

Final numbers at my theatre (if I use the Captain Marvel comp from earlier) suggest 43M Friday for Joker. Other comps are 41-42M, but hardly any are below 40. Will be interesting to see where it ends up come morning, especially since my Thursday # was lower than the actual. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Also that weekend for DA would make 100M very live for it.

Kids/teenagers buying Downton Abbey tickets, then sneaking in to see Joker instead. :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Fuck superhero movies. As Scorcese confirmed, they are for idiots. 

How's Judy doing? The movie sucked but its success is important and sends a message. 

James Gunn Is Sad That Martin Scorsese Is “Judging” Marvel Films Without Seeing Them

“Martin Scorsese is one of my 5 favorite living filmmakers,” tweeted Gunn. “I was outraged when people picketed ‘The Last Temptation of Christ’ without having seen the film. I’m saddened that he’s now judging my films in the same way.”

https://theplaylist.net/james-gunn-martin-scorsese-marvel-films-20191004/

43 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Kids/teenagers buying Downton Abbey tickets, then sneaking in to see Joker instead. :ph34r:

Yes... cause from 4 years experience selling movie tickets, that wouldn't raise any red flags for the employees :lol:

Legit no joke, kids are NOT smart. Have literally had groups of 12 year olds come up trying to buy tickets for Deadpool, I tell them no, they ask what they can see and I say "well Zoolander is PG, people your age have been going to that one" and they ask "what movie is playing in the theatre right next to Deadpool" and I'd say "Hail Caesar" and they say "okay we'll get tickets for that one".

Like, sure kids, I totally believe you and your 7th grade friends are gonna go watch a Coen Brothers movie about Hollywood

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

James Gunn Is Sad That Martin Scorsese Is “Judging” Marvel Films Without Seeing Them

“Martin Scorsese is one of my 5 favorite living filmmakers,” tweeted Gunn. “I was outraged when people picketed ‘The Last Temptation of Christ’ without having seen the film. I’m saddened that he’s now judging my films in the same way.”

https://theplaylist.net/james-gunn-martin-scorsese-marvel-films-20191004/

Because when Scorsese finally sees the cinematic diamond mine that is GOTG 2 his perceptions about wghat is and what isn't cinema will be shattered

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Have we had two Indian films in a top 10 before?   

That Fri is in line with what we've last heard from Jat, Rth, etc and the weekend figures follows from the Fri pretty reasonably.     

I'd like another M or so for Abominable but that's much better than the super-early 10.4

18th-20th December 2015.

Dilwale and Bajirao Mastani.

Though I doubt Syera won't be in Top 10 as Chinese film My People My Country will beat it in final numbers. Syeraa 275k range I guess. Even if it manage on Friday, weekend is no no as Sunday drop will be big for Syeraa.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mikee11 said:

Because when Scorsese finally sees the cinematic diamond mine that is GOTG 2 his perceptions about wghat is and what isn't cinema will be shattered

They might cause he hasn't seen in yet. 🙈🙊😑

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

They might cause he hasn't seen in yet. 🙈🙊😑

When Scorsese sees Guardians 2 he'll be so impressed that he'll phone up Thelma Schoonmaker and ask her to recut The Irishman to 70's pop songs and to add more dick jokes in ADR. James Gunn, truly one of our last auteurs.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Kids are gonna propel Dame Minerva to her 100th Oscar nom. With 100M in a kitty, Smith's gonna make the super weak Supporting Actress line-up. 

Ok, after seeing Joker, if Phoenix doesn't sweep Acting awards, there's no justice. People will remember this forever. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

After this opening, and looking at how Justice League and Shazam performed, I don't know how can anyone still say that DC movies should be childish, dumb fun. Audiences clearly want something different from DC. There's a reason DCEU movies started bombing after Warner Bros decided to take on a different direction than what fans wanted.

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

After this opening, and looking at how Justice League and Shazam performed, I don't know how can anyone still say that DC movies should be childish, dumb fun. Audiences clearly want something different from DC. There's a reason DCEU movies started bombing after Warner Bros decided to take on a different direction than what fans wanted.

BvS and Suicide Squad were both childish and dumb too, but they made money... ditto aquaman