Eric Duncan

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Frozen 85.25 3-Day, 123.75 5-Day. Thanksgiving record! | KO 27/41.7, FvF 13.2/19, ABDITN 11.8/17.3, Q&S 11.7/15.8 | BLACK FRIDAY SALE UNTIL SUNDAY - GOLD ACCOUNTS 25% OFF

It's too soon for me to rank the F2 songs with F1. I'm very familiar with the songs from Frozen, because I've listened to them so many times. Where for the second, I've seen the film once and don't yet own the soundtrack.

However, it feels like F2 has a better balance of songs throughout the movie, with two happening in the third act, and both have full emotional impact. In F1, only Fixer Upper is in the third act. And I think that all the F2 songs are a better fit thematically or storytelling-wise.

Do any of them have the showstopping power of Let It Go? I'm not sure, but even if not, overall it's a stronger, more balanced selection. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

WTF, Dolittle tracking is already that good? Who the fuck wants to see that thing?

My kids tell me it's the movie with Iron Man and Spiderman together again...hilariously, if the marketing pulls that off, I can totally believe the numbers b/c everyone LOVED that dynamic:)...

We must be looking at a near $30 million 3-day for Knives Out - which would put it in the $45 million range for the holiday. 
For the industry this is a huge win....an original, well reviewed mainstream movie doing excellent numbers against a behemoth. 

After the Charlie’s Angels/Terminator/Sleep calamity, this message must surely be loud and clear. Sure...the right franchise, but original, high concept material in quality hands - people will come out.  Don’t spend $150 million + on a sequel to a has-been when you can trounce it with a new high-concept movie for less than a third!! It’s not rocket science.  They’re worth the risk!!!!

• Like 7