sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Jumanji 2 $59.25M | Frozen 2 $19.07M | Knives Out $9.14M | Richard Jewell $4.68M | Black Christmas $4.24M

29 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Frozen being a forgettable movie is what dented it more than anything else. 

Audiences obviously hate it, that's why it's on the way to 450+ DOM & 1.4B+ WW. Also a terrible 3.5 OW multiplier after that muted 130M opening. WOM is definitely toxic. :P

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 7

The controversy killed Richard Jewell? I just read a little about the story. The media doesn't like it when someone tells lies about them, but what they did to this man was despicable.

That's why i'm not fond of biopics. Easiest movies to make, but someone always gets the short end of the stick

Edited by Alli
  • Like 2

Given Sandler's star power and the fairly insane PTA, I'm getting more confident that Uncut Gems becomes A24's highest grosser ever.

Very impressed by Jumanji, considering early in the week I (wrongly) predicted like 35/175 and said buzz didn't feel there. The kind of franchise that people just show up and see, clearly.

10 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Audiences obviously hate it, that's why it's on the way to 450+ DOM & 1.4B+ WW. Also a terrible 3.5 OW multiplier after that muted 130M opening. WOM is definitely toxic. :P

I'm not sure 450m is guaranteed. If it got hit by Jumanji, it's certainly going to get hit by Star Wars.

And there is a difference between "toxic" and "forgettable".

From BOM 

Sony's Jumanji: The Next Level is delivering on Mojo's pre-weekend expectations and then some, bringing in an estimated $19.4 million on Friday, heading toward a $50+ million three-day debut. To go along with the strong performance, the film received an "A-" CinemaScore from opening day audiences

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm not sure 450m is guaranteed. If it got hit by Jumanji, it's certainly going to get hit by Star Wars.

And there is a difference between "toxic" and "forgettable".

yeah, the difference being that toxic is a vague reference to the online behavior of a group of people, while forgettable Is the opinion of an individual.🤣

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, a2k said:

JUM3 needs +42.9% from true Fri for 21 Sat. +36% for 20.

F2 +48.4%

Malef2 +38.5%

Dark Fate +33.8%

Since its not as "kiddie" as the animated film I doubt it pulls a Frozen 2 but aiming for 20m overall should be good? Those 4pm starts make me hesitate a bit especially given MAL2 didn't start then, but Its not exactly the same thing.

Either way, I don't see how it can miss 52m or so on the low end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hades said:

Wait......Frozen 2 came out already?......:Gaga:

You are every bit as annoying as Weneedtotalkaboutkevin. What he represents against WB, you represent against Disney. And I know you're probably proud of that, but it's kinda ridiculous to hate on a studio for the sake of hating, even if it is Disney. Yeah, they monopolize and are greedy. Every other studio would probably do the same if they could.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A list of my personal favorites from WDAS:

1. The Lion King

2. Frozen II

3. Hunchback of Notre Dame

4. The Sword in the Stone

5. Atlantis: the Lost Empire

6. Robin Hood

The next tier is Aladdin, Mulan, Moana, and the original Frozen.

Show Yourself is challenging Hellfire for my favorite Disney song.

I really need to track down The Black Cauldron.

Edited by ChiSoxRox
Fracked a title
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Alli said:

The controversy killed Richard Jewell? I just read a little about the story. The media doesn't like it when someone tells lies about them, but what they did to this man was despicable.

That's why i'm not fond of biopics. Easiest movies to make, but someone always gets the short end of the stick

The female reporter Kathy is dead. It’s her family that is angry about her portrayal. Especially since they lied about contacting them before hand. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Frozen 1 is so forgettable that all I remember is the song. 

....To the point where I’m not 100% sure if I have actually seen the film 😂

Yep same here. Movie is meh. Sounds are great. Really like 3 total.

• Like 1