Eric Duncan

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

if i were to solely judge the vibe at my screening... no.

In all the leaked vids I've seen (which was alot), the theater was completely silent in all of them.

I mean compare that to all those reaction videos in theaters, of people absolutely loosing their minds during certain moments in Endgame.

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Question to anyone who has seen tros/read spoilers: do you think there is a chance of it being a reverse TLJ (critics hate it/fans love it)? 

Nope word of mouth will be worse thab TLJ mark my words

My screening ended muted. Started with excitement. 

Edited by darthdevidem01
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Question to anyone who has seen tros/read spoilers: do you think there is a chance of it being a reverse TLJ (critics hate it/fans love it)? 

i know nothing , but i'd guess fans will be divided while casual fans and general audiences will be satisfied being entertained for two hours

59 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

No, I think it's gonna be mixed for all audiences. I think it's a true coinflip movie. 50/50 shot each person will like or dislike it. 

Fanboy reviewers like John Campea and Jeremy Jahns disliked it. Kristian Harloff is one of the most loyal Star Wars people you'll find on YouTube. He said he thought it was a very good ending for "this trilogy," but he also said he thought it was NOT a good ending for the 9 movies in general. These are not snobby film critics from fancy arthouse publications.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I read the leaks sometime ago and it honestly reminded me of Game of thrones leaks. Not as bad but close. 

I don't know how it'll do DOM but it's OS prospect don't look that good to me, it's Paris opening was -18% TLJ and Italy was -10%. We already knew China won't perform for this one so no surprises it'll wrap b/w 25-30M there. Think it'll end up b/w TS4 and CM on the WW chart for 2019.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

I don't know how it'll do DOM but it's OS prospect don't look that good to me, it's Paris opening was -18% TLJ and Italy was -10%. We already knew China won't perform for this one so no surprises it'll wrap b/w 25-30M there. Think it'll end up b/w TS4 and CM on the WW chart for 2019.

that's inline what we predicted from domestic opening , people were expecting better legs , we will see

box office wise TRoS would only be disappointing for me if it misses Rogue One numbers which I just don't see happening. I still think 165-180 OW is possible with up to 600M total once good WoM kicks in.    quality wise I'm sure it's fine even if it's a step down from TLJ.