sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Night Preview - The Grudge $1.8M w/ an F Cinemascore LMAO

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Not necessarily.  Japan where it's doing better than TLJ should continue to be very leggy and the other markets in Europe where it's doing it's best should be solid with no other huge releases on deck.

so you are telling me those fuckin markets are going to leg it out to 1.1B? 

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

$83.8m WW (with probably a bit of Disney's usual under estimating)  with $81.2m to $1B.  No way it misses it.  Should give a run at Rogue One's total WW.

OS is closing at $540m so DOM should over preforme to get it over 1.05B atm.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I don't see why they'd have to.  Joker is currently at 1,062,994,002

where do you see TROS to end? I do think that next week drop should be steep everywhere cause people are going back to work/school. weekdays should be low. 

6 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I thought Black Christmas was PG-13 so everyone could go see it, why is no one going to see it?

Because no one wanted to see it.

But hey, consolation prize, the five people who saw it probably like it marginally better than Grudge.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

The top 5 is made up of movies from two studios (top 6 even, when you consider Fox is now a part of Disney). When was the last time that happened?

Star Wars is looking good for $500M even if it won't make much past it. Jumanji is shaping up to be a beast again, though: not sure how to feel about 2019 having only one movie in the $200-300M range lol. Frozen is also looking good for $475M+, all the early "panic" was for nothing.

Little Women is looking pretty much guaranteed a $100M+ finish at this point, and could reach $110M+ if it continues to hold well. Knives Out is gonna finish with over $160M at this point. Uncut Gems is locked to become A24's biggest movie. Love seeing quality movies get rewarded! Bombshell also isn't doing too bad either, $30M+ total is decent for that sort of movie (if not enough to make it profitable in theaters). 

The Grudge opened well but obviously it's all downhill from here. Doubt it even reaches $25M total.

Cats lol. Won't even hit $30M at this point. When everyone looks back on 2010s cinema that feels destined to be looked back on as the big "what were they thinking" fuck-up of the decade.

Awards movies are doing good before the boosts start coming beginning with the Golden Globes tonight. Excited to see how 1917 does in wide release. Just Mercy isn't looking as well-positioned but should post alright numbers.

Edited by filmlover