Eric is Anxious

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

no issue overall is the conclusion. the RT exactly landed slightly higher than my estimate, and the metacritic a few points above. considering the great length, noirish/detective specific tone/ thematic, it is overall great. A crowd pleaser like action TdK or TDKR is bound to get a higher RT score because its aim is more raw crowd pleasing.

I look forward to watching it in a few weeks when the theatres and the showtimes are less crowded.

its a great success for DC.

Edited by Halba
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TrevorBelmont9078 said:

Joker's top critics is 49% RT score with 6.5, so least worried about what top critics have to say about The Batman.

Why people keep using Joker for everything RT and Box office, Joker had way too many reasons why it had low RT score.

Since I obviously missed the talk last night because time difference is a bitch and you know sleep is important some times.... here's another review I read and I was like WTF...

Performances were emotional and raw in The Batman, but you're gonna get a very broody Batman that never smiles. The Batman is not kid friendly for younger ones.

How is this a fair critique? BATMAN IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE KID FRIENDLY BECAUSE it's a comic book movie. I hope to God this same critic won't review Sandman.

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

How is this a fair critique? BATMAN IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE KID FRIENDLY BECAUSE it's a comic book movie. I hope to God this same critic won't review Sandman.

Fans are destroying her in the comments section. Some of her answers:

That’s not why I gave it a 2.5/5. I didn’t know what this movie and character were trying to accomplish. That was the movie’s job – to help me understand. Whether it’s kid-friendly or not is just for informational purposes. But I do get super annoyed when movies that aren’t for kids market to kids and make toys for kids when it’s not meant to be for kids.

I could give specific details on why I didn’t like The Batman. Not only because of its darkness, but because of certain plot holes and that parts that are supposed to be ‘frightening’ weren’t scary at all, unless you’re a child. But I don’t discount that people do and will enjoy The Batman. Isn’t that why different types of movies are made to entertain different audiences?

But movie reviews aren’t objective, they’re subjective. That’s what an opinion is. Just because I don’t like it doesn’t mean others can’t. At the base of it, the story was unoriginal and couldn’t hold my attention. There are dark films that don’t resonate with me but I can appreciate for other reasons.

While yes, you are correct and my niche is parent reviews and giving information regarding how kid-friendly a film is, that’s not how I base my score on Rotten Tomatoes. There were definitely things I liked about the movie – the acting, a different style of superhero.

I don’t mind the hate. My critique of it needing more humor is based on what I like. And that’s why I don’t traditionally like DC movies. However if this story was so atypical and original, then I might have left the theater thinking, ok, maybe not for me but that was still really good. And it didn’t. But I get where you all are coming from even though you haven’t seen the film.

Edited by LVB

based on Korea audience reactions, I'm expecting B or B+ cinemascore.

might be ended up lil bit higher because obviously there're  more fanboys in US.

the film was fine, but it would've been better without maybe 30m. more tightened, focused story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just read that Farrell's presence is a glorified cameo, which is a shame if true. Going by the trailers it's hard to get excited by Riddler and Selina, but Oswald looks like he's having a whale of a time.

Edited by Hatebox