Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

I may be in a minority inhere but it looks really bad and cartoonish. They also need to stop trying to emulate Snyder’s action directing style.

Anyway that’s a $300M film that leads to nowhere since it just paves the way to Gunn’s reboot of the DCEU. Best case scenario is to make okeyish numbers IMO.

Edited by Mr Roark
  • ...wtf 5

45 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Trailer is full of horrible shots like that, I don't know what's the worst.

Good luck with being "greater than The Dark Knight!!!" lol

FozVYt0XEAYl9W2.png

Ps. And old nostalgic fanboys love to try to convince us that this horrible batman is the best, ew. Those movies were very much of its time and that's all.

Edited by Lighthouse
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Looks very interesting story-wise, but really horrible visually. And it’s not exactly the CGI, there’s something seriously off with the whole cinematography. It looked like that since that first DC Fandome preview, and I was hoping it would be more polished. Sad that this movie was meant to come out in 2018, before Avengers Endgame and Spider-Man No Way Home took the novelty of its premise.

43 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Sad that this movie was meant to come out in 2018, before Avengers Endgame and Spider-Man No Way Home took the novelty of its premise.

I'm pretty sure the film wasn't originally planned to be a multiverse-hopping DCEU reset back when the DCEU slate was first announced 

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

FozVYt0XEAYl9W2.png

Ps. And old nostalgic fanboys love to try to convince us that this horrible batman is the best, ew. Those movies were very much of its time and that's all.

This is my exact stance on those Sonic The Hedgehog Movies. The minute something better comes along we'll forget those films ever happened.

3 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Trailer is full of horrible shots like that, I don't know what's the worst.

Good luck with being "greater than The Dark Knight!!!" lol

FozVYt0XEAYl9W2.png

The Burton Batman are less a product of their time and aged better than superhero movies released a year ago.

• Like 7

This doesn't look any better than Black Adam, "DC" deserves far better movie making than this. The Flash trailer looked like more of the same rote material that's been worked over far too many times. The blatant Batman fan service might help it at the box office but will it be offset by Ezra Miller? I can't stand his version of The Flash and now there's two of them? I need to see more before rendering a final will I see this in theatres or not. 

• ...wtf 2

45 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

This doesn't look any better than Black Adam, "DC" deserves far better movie making than this.

Wow...we'll agree to disagree on the Black Adam comparison.

For those of you disappointed with this trailer, how did you feel about the Quantumania trailers -- which seems to be the closest current comp in terms of how it's positioned as a BIG movie for its universe? I haven't been able to muster up an ounce of excitement for that one, but curious what the general temperature is.

Edited by Dragoncaine

9 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Wow...we'll agree to disagree on the Black Adam comparison.

For those of you disappointed with this trailer, how did you feel about the Quantumania trailers -- which seems to be the closest current comp in terms of how it's positioned as a BIG movie for its universe? I haven't been able to muster up an ounce of excitement for that one, but curious what the general temperature is.

Probably best not to go down this path. It won’t end well.

Not every trailer is for everyone but if you’re in most marvel and dc threads it’s easy to see who’s a fan of which franchise and who can be objective and who can’t. 

13 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Moderation

You're not in trouble and you didn't do anything wrong, because I'm sure you just didn't know. But I am letting you know we don't do these types of Marvel vs. DC comparisons anymore. Always leads to fanboy wars shenanigans and we don't need this energy anymore.

Big hint to everybody else here. Don't even try.

• Like 2

As one of the first people to be outspoken about Ezra Miller on this forum years ago, I thought the super bowl spot for this was pretty amazing. I was thrown seeing Batman on the motorcycle cause it looks like the one from The Dark Knight and we had those rumors about Christian Bale from Grace Randolph but she's always wrong but for just a few seconds i was really excited at the prospect of seeing Bale's Batman in one of these movies. Nevertheless it was still a great super bowl spot. Better than the one for GOTG3. I didn't like the trailer as much. I did like it but I really dont know how i will handle 2 goofy Ezra Miller's in this movie. One is enough.

Also every time I see the actress playing Supergirl in this out of her  costume, I think she just looks like a 3rd Ezra Miller.

Edited by eddyxx

I am posting this only for the reaction to the movie. Gunn had nothing to do with it ofc except the new post credit scenes to align with new plan for the DCU.