Eric Prime

NO TIME TO DIE WEEKEND THREAD | Bond 56M, Venom 32M

20 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Even though Craig's films were uneven, it was never really attributed to Craig being the fault. He seems pretty universally well liked as Bond so I think that factor still meant something, as long as the movie itself was good.

Brosnan is also considered to be one of the definitive Bonds even if his movies were so goofy for the most part (nothing in these movies since or going forward will ever top the absurdity of Denise Richards as a scientist). Gotta wonder how big a proper send-off for him would have been.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I'm in the camp that says Eternals will somewhat disappoint, but we need something to break 250M. Biggest movie of the year is around 210M and that's pitiful.

Bond looks to disappoint this weekend, adults are not coming back just yet. Paramount did good in moving Top Gun 2 to next year. Hopefully no new variant emerges

not pityfull at all, just some months ago we didnt even know when we will even start getting to 200 mill dom , as for bond i will never understand the term dissapoint ,imo its doing very decent for this franchise.

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Its very possible the streamers leaked the 100m tracking of NTTD so it’d look like a bomb this weekend. I got my eyes on Serandos and Bezos…

THEY ARE IN CAHOOTS!!!!!

https://deadline.com/2021/10/no-time-to-die-weekend-box-office-1234852700/

United Artist Releasing/MGM/Eon’s No Time to Die clocked $6.3M from Thursday previews which began at 4PM, making it the best Bond domestic preview number ever, 19% ahead of Spectre‘s $5.25M six years ago.

The figure also exceeds the preview nights of previous 007 Daniel Craig movies Skyfall ($4.6M off midnight shows) and Quantum of Solace ($2.5M off 8PM showtimes0.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Brosnan is also considered to be one of the definitive Bonds even if his movies were so goofy for the most part (nothing in these movies since or going forward will ever top the absurdity of Denise Richards as a scientist). Gotta wonder how big a proper send-off for him would have been.

To me, I just never felt the same quite of beloved-ness. He was liked, for sure, but I guess it felt like Craig really dedicated a lot to the role and pushed Bond to heights never seen internationally. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

So No Time to Die is selling poorly. Hopefully this is a case where a film is relying more on walk ups which is not impossible for an older skewing franchise 

See, this is the problem.  It's not selling "poorly".  Not at all on any level.  

• Like 5

Hollywood Reporter says Wednesday is included in the $6.3M

MGM and EON Productions’ No Time to Die grossed a promising $6.3 million in Thursday night previews as it starts opening at the North American box office. The earnings also include a smattering of special Imax screenings Wednesday night.

‘No Time to Die’ Box Office Scores Record $6.3M in Previews – The Hollywood Reporter

• Like 2

If it's 6.3M with WED than meh, without WED seems pretty good to me.

It will be a solid debut but i already accept that the ridiculous 100M projections + presales leading to +80M will make people act like 65-70M is the end of the world even if it's pretty much the normal range of the franchise.

Venom 2 should drop hard but this doesn't have a good WOM and since day 1 it's biggest selling point was the post credit scene that now is old news.

Dune seems to be doing pretty good and i'm very hopeful about 40-45M.

Eternals idk, let's see how it goes. Anything beyond SC is great.

22 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Its very possible the streamers leaked the 100m tracking of NTTD so it’d look like a bomb this weekend. I got my eyes on Serandos and Bezos…

It's because they are shorting Cineworld and Cinemark