Eric Loves Rey

NO TIME TO DIE WEEKEND THREAD | Bond 56M, Venom 32M

58 minutes ago, john2000 said:

https://deadline.com/2021/10/no-time-to-die-weekend-box-office-1234852700/

‘No Time To Die’, Daniel Craig’s Final Bond Film, Opens To $56M At Domestic Box Office 

So, the EXACT floor number that I told Shawn he never should have bumped from last weekend...

I think I'll take the rest of the month off from prognostication, b/c I couldn't do better:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, the EXACT floor number that I told Shawn he never should have bumped from last weekend...

I think I'll take the rest of the month off from prognostication, b/c I couldn't do better:)...

You nailed this one big time!  Nice job!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s solid for Addams Family 2. Weren’t some pointing out the bad reviews and a poor cinemascore? Doesn’t seem to have had any impact. 

My wife said it was shockingly boring. I attribute any success that movie has to the following tweet

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

64.4% vs 54% (This is called fandom effect when we does not see drops for Favourite films)

A 10% difference in drop is extremely big, a lot bigger than the visual 10%. More like a 29.2% difference compared to each other (if both worth start from the same opening).

• Like 2

For all those saying Venom's drop is awful...ummm, weren't many of you saying it was gonna hit the low 20s...and now it goes $32M, which was the expectation from last weekend (when folks said between $30-40M 2nd weekend)...

So, it hit the "we're flying high and hoping for $30-40M" expectation coming off the weekend, not the "oh no, these weekdays suck, this is doing $22M" expectation...and we're down on it, really?

Few PLFs, 40% showing drops or more, and it still does that well after a crazy awesome 1st weekend, and we're not happy?

Damn...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

For all those saying Venom's drop is awful...ummm, weren't many of you saying it was gonna hit the low 20s...and now it goes $32M, which was the expectation from last weekend (when folks said between $30-40M)...

So, it hit the "we're flying high and hoping for $30-40M" expectation coming off the weekend, not the "oh no, these weekdays suck, this is doing $22M" expectation...and we're down on it, really?

Few PLFs, 40% showing drops or more, and it still does that well after a crazy awesome 1st weekend, and we're not happy?

Damn...

I wasn't saying it was bad, i gave no judgement call what so ever.

I was replying to someone saying that the differnce between 54% drop and a 64.4% isn't big, so I was just explaining it is a big diffence.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

For all those saying Venom's drop is awful...ummm, weren't many of you saying it was gonna hit the low 20s...and now it goes $32M, which was the expectation from last weekend (when folks said between $30-40M 2nd weekend)...

Damn...

Eh...even with being hit by a mid-50s opener, 65ish% drop isn't that great, even if it is better than the weekdays might have suggested. 

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

For all those saying Venom's drop is awful...ummm, weren't many of you saying it was gonna hit the low 20s...and now it goes $32M, which was the expectation from last weekend (when folks said between $30-40M)...

Damn...

Overall it's going to do a very good number.  But it's still a pretty bad drop - even benefiting from a semi holiday softened Sunday drop.  It's just not as terrible as the weekdays.

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Eh...even with being hit by a mid-50s opener, 65ish% drop isn't that great, even if it is better than the weekdays might have suggested. 

But, it's on par with most blockbusters this year...Shang Chi was about the only exception for a blockbuster open...and it had the benefit of nothing opening...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

But, it's on par with most blockbusters this year...Shang Chi was about the only exception for a blockbuster open...and it had the benefit of nothing opening...

Well, blockbusters other than Shang-Chi were in the summer. In the summer weekend drops will be worse and weekdays better. 

• Like 1