Eric Duncan

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

1 hour ago, AJG said:

In 9 months to STARZ in the US. It’ll then move to its Pay 2 provider 9 months after that (I have no idea where that would be in the US). I wouldn’t be shocked if Venom and NWH end up on Disney in 18 months as they’ll have access to Sony library content and I image those 2 films would count by then.

Sony are apparently continuing the 9 month SVOD dates for their movies for the next 5 years which is MADNESS.
Warner, Disney, Universal, Fox, and Paramount are getting their movies onto streamers after 45 days. Audiences will get used to such a short wait time.

I just checked fandango to see how many theaters still had Venom 2 so I could watch it in an empty theater. It's actually available on-demand on VUDU. So I guess that's how studios like Sony will distribute movies after 45 days.

1 hour ago, AJG said:

In 9 months to STARZ in the US. It’ll then move to its Pay 2 provider 9 months after that (I have no idea where that would be in the US). I wouldn’t be shocked if Venom and NWH end up on Disney in 18 months as they’ll have access to Sony library content and I image those 2 films would count by then.

Sony are apparently continuing the 9 month SVOD dates for their movies for the next 5 years which is MADNESS.
Warner, Disney, Universal, Fox, and Paramount are getting their movies onto streamers after 45 days. Audiences will get used to such a short wait time.

What about this deal? doesn't seem into include NWH per their tweet though

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/netflix-sony-pictures-pay-1-starz-output-1234946413/

Might not be 9 months

Netflix already had a deal with Sony Pictures for all of its animated releases. Starting with next year’s slate, all movies from the various film banners on the Culver City lot — including Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures Classics, Screen Gems and TriStar Pictures — will stream exclusively on Netflix after their theatrical and home entertainment releases. That promises to bring to Netflix future installments of the “Spiderman,” “Venom” and “Jumanji” franchises, among others. The pay 1 window usually begins about nine months after a film’s theatrical release, although that timetable may have been sped up for Netflix. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So does NWH have any chance of beating No Time To Die in the UK?

I have no idea.

No. But it’ll be #2 for the year, by £30m+, just not Bond level big.

Very few things are lol

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

Wonder if RT verified can start off at 100%. Shang-Chi started at 99% and had significantly weaker WOM than this seems to. Of course once the numbers get that high the distinctions between films will be blurred, probably average rating will be the better thing to see. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

There’s something really tragic about John Campea currently doing a live ‘game day’ show on YouTube about the excitement of the movie coming out. Taking in so many super chats after he ruined the movie for the whole world last month.  I mean wtf? 

I know he didn’t mean to, but if I was him I would have honestly stopped talking about the movie full stop out of acknowledgment for such misjudgement. 

As far as its U.S.-Canada prospects go, Sony is seeing at least $130 million at 4,325 locations, and Thursday previews starting very early at 3 p.m. with all the strength of Imax and PLF screens. Rivals and tracking see the opening much higher in the $175M+ range, possibly even $200M
Deadline

130M :hahaha:.... maybe OD?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, infamous5445 said:

Reception seems incredible overseas tbh, did Infinity War and Endgame have almost the same reception?

Yes. IW maybe slightly lower but EG reception was on par with what NWH is currently experiencing. 

• Like 1