Eric Duncan

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

Wow. They did it. That was incredible. This is going to be a monstrous hit of legendary, industry changing proportions. Holland, Zendaya and the guy who plays Ned are all so good here. 

And in the grand scheme of things, this is the most important film in many, many years. SO many people are going to be making their first trip to the theater in 2 years to see this film.

So excited for the industry which needed this so badly.

Edited by excel1
  • Like 5

This was a very good movie but I wouldn’t call it great.  The plot and character motivations were a damn mess, but there is a lot of good as well.  My crowd was losing there shut and loved it.  I would probably rank it 4th on my Spidey rankings. 

Its WAYYYYY better than FFH and HC though. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Man. Mixed. Maybe most mixed I’ve been on a movie that I can remember.   

10/10 movie wrapped around like 3-5 absolutely fucking God awful 1/10 structural plot factors/moments. On end I guess it nets out mid tier mcu, 15th or so.   

Absolute crowd pleaser though, definitely the most ecstatic reaction moments I’ve seen for anything except Endgame. At this rate the GA will stay happy with mcu longer than I will :hahaha:

Another way to put it is that the movie pretty much exactly hit my expectations from August 😛   

Now for BO run to exceed them 😎

Hello everyone, long time no see! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoys the film :)

I just thought I'd make a quick post regarding T&A. I've been reading on a lot of posts here stating that it is very clear T&A are in this film and that everybody (or at least the majority) knows it. After some time to review, and from what I've seen and heard, I don't think this is accurate.

I saw this film yesterday afternoon and I would say that between 30/40% of the people at the theatre were openly talking (at one point or another) and discussing to their friends/family about if T&A would show up in the film. This is the most I've ever seen a group of people openly talk about a crucial element they wanted to be in a film.

Later last night some of my friends who knew I had went to see it asked me if I would confirm with them if T&A were in it (which I declined to respond to :ph34r:). Many of these people had prior said to me that 'they have to be in it', etc., but still wanted to ask me or get me to confirm it for them.

Now, obviously either way they thought T&A would be in it. However, there is a massive difference between being confident about something and knowing something.

I'm not sure yet what this will lead to; I'm not going to pretend to understand human behaviour. But I strongly believe that the confirmation of knowing will have a huge effect on people that either couldn't see it or decided not to see it opening weekend. I would be very surprised if with the WOM and knowledge of T&A being in it for a certainty, the film didn't generate good legs.

Sorry for the spiel!

Edited by BlueCore
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, BlueCore said:

Hello everyone, long time no see! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoys the film :)

I just thought I'd make a quick post regarding T&A. I've been reading on a lot of posts here stating that it is very clear T&A are in this film and that everybody (or at least the majority) knows it. After some time to review, and from what I've seen and heard, I don't think this is accurate.

I saw this film yesterday afternoon and I would say that between 30/40% of the people at the theatre were openly talking (at one point or another) and discussing to their friends/family about if T&A would show up in the film. This is the most I've ever seen a group of people openly talk about a crucial element they wanted to be in a film.

Later last night some of my friends who knew I had went to see it asked me if I would confirm with them if T&A were in it (which I declined to respond to :ph34r:). Many of these people had prior said to me that 'they have to be in it', etc., but still wanted to ask me or get me to confirm it for them.

Now, obviously either way they thought T&A would be in it. However, there is a massive difference between being confident about something and knowing something.

I'm not sure yet what this will lead to; I'm not going to pretend to understand human behaviour. But I strongly believe that the confirmation of knowing will have a huge effect on people that either couldn't see it or decided not to see it opening weekend. I would be very surprised if with the WOM and knowledge of T&A being in it for a certainty, the film didn't generate good legs.

Sorry for the spiel!

I agree 100%. There is a lot of GA that strongly believes they are in it, but are not 100% certain. Depending on how this opens, the 2nd weekend, could very well be the biggest 2nd weekend on record.

1 minute ago, CloneWars said:

I agree 100%. There is a lot of GA that strongly believes they are in it, but are not 100% certain. Depending on how this opens, the 2nd weekend, could very well be the biggest 2nd weekend on record.

Super unlikely given the calendar setup with Christmas Eve on Friday. Theaters will shut down early across the country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

This was a very good movie but I wouldn’t call it great.  The plot and character motivations were a damn mess, but there is a lot of good as well.  My crowd was losing there shut and loved it.  I would probably rank it 4th on my Spidey rankings. 

Its WAYYYYY better than FFH and HC though. 

2 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Man. Mixed. Maybe most mixed I’ve been on a movie that I can remember.   

10/10 movie wrapped around like 3-5 absolutely fucking God awful 1/10 structural plot factors/moments. On end I guess it nets out mid tier mcu, 15th or so.   

Absolute crowd pleaser though, definitely the most ecstatic reaction moments I’ve seen for anything except Endgame. At this rate the GA will stay happy with mcu longer than I will :hahaha:

When you say he has writing problems I think you are completely wrong. The film has no problems of that type, it has so many forcings, it is different. REALLY DIFFERENT

I personally liked the film, thought it was dragged a bit too much in the 2nd act. mid tier marvel fare for me. 

Spiderman-2 is still the best spidey movie.

Audience in my showing seemed to enjoy the movie...there were few gasps at the right moments...but it was no where close to IW/EG where crowd went absolutely nuts..

DOM - expecting 550-600 , top-5 marvel movie just behind Avengers1

Edited by CoolK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1