kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

12 minutes ago, M37 said:

I agree with this a possibility and how it could/would get there, but to project it from OD is a bit … extra.  Like I’m not even ready to say $400M is better than 50/50

Nah, this is o/u 450M and 500M is probably not even one SD off base case in a reasonable mental model. The rooting to what the first movie did and then the below average CBM multiple narratives being pushed are silly. The appeal is wide as the lore is taking hold. It'll have the fanatics watching it multiple times as well as the broad viewership of an animated movie in summer

3 minutes ago, XXR 2099 said:

A summer, animated A Cinemascore has only a 50/50 shot of 3.2x legs? Ehhh...

I'll say 80/20 with 450 at 50/50

I know it’s “animated”, but hasn’t (yet*) performed like a family movie, so not sure why that should be the baseline expectation for legs rather than CBMs

I think you start with GOTG3, and let’s see if/by how much it can leg out better 

*now if we see a +20% or better Sat, then can reconsider 

21 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think that 500M is possible if it starts attracting demos that resisted it on OW for whatever reason (not into animation, checked out LM, not into SH). But we won't know til later. TGM didn't show sign of 700M at first even though it was obviously going to have legs. 

The two factors in its legs are gonna be the performance of other movies that can hurt it (Elemental, Flash, etc.), and whether the audience stays generally limited to Marvel fans or can access some of the GA like Mario did

37 minutes ago, XXR 2099 said:

A summer, animated A Cinemascore has only a 50/50 shot of 3.2x legs? Ehhh...

I'll say 80/20 with 450 at 50/50

I’m thinking 121 from sat ps in few chains. I2 legs from true FSS is 17.35+104*3.6~=392

Edited by Legions of the Galaxy

7 minutes ago, M37 said:

I know it’s “animated”, but hasn’t (yet*) performed like a family movie, so not sure why that should be the baseline expectation for legs rather than CBMs

I think you start with GOTG3, and let’s see if/by how much it can leg out better 

*now if we see a +20% or better Sat, then can reconsider 

I'm thinking that 18-24 smashing demo number through Friday night and the diversity and closing gender gap breakdown may have it playing like Minions 2...

Supers play MUCH older in demo....

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

Single-handedly putting Regal out of business. 

Based on his complexion, I’m guessing 1-2 movies every weekday and 2-3 every sat/sun.  I wonder how much he’s spent on concessions. 

Yeah, I admire his dedication to big screen but I doubt this is helping cinema. That is why I focus on bringing people that I know to cinema, rather than I myself going to cinema more frequently, which tbh I really don't have that many time. 

I generally bring in another 2-3 friends or family members each time I went to cinema. The biggest groups I bought to cinema this year so far was Avatar 2 for a total of 14 person and John Wick 4 with 8. I always believe there are people whose desire is to see a movie in cinema but they can't find accompany and that's why they opt out. Exploring those hidden demand would be a great help to moviegoing.     

1 hour ago, Grebacio said:

What are your Spider Man movies rankings?

Here's mine:

1. Into The Spiderverse

2. Spider Man 2

3. Spider Man

4. Across The Spiderverse

5. The Amazing Spider Man

6. Homecoming

7. No Way Home

8. Spider Man 3

9. The Amazing Spider Man 2

10. Far From Home

1. Spider-Man 2

2. Into the Spider-Verse

3. Across the Spider-Verse

4. Spider-Man

5. Homecoming

6. No Way Home

7. Far From Home

8. The Amazing Spider-Man

9. Spider-Man 3

10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

• Like 1

They should have kept Hailee at least from Bumblebee for the new movie. Having no actual human character continuity between the two movies is odd. Might as well be two different continuities.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Nah, this is o/u 450M and 500M is probably not even one SD off base case in a reasonable mental model. The rooting to what the first movie did and then the below average CBM multiple narratives being pushed are silly. The appeal is wide as the lore is taking hold. It'll have the fanatics watching it multiple times as well as the broad viewership of an animated movie in summer

The counterpoint to that is that this opened much much higher than the original so naturally is going to be a certain degree of front loading. I wouldn't expect a four multiplier with this.

1 hour ago, screambaby said:

Not with that budget 

More than it would’ve made on Hulu though. Depends how much they spent to advertise, which by the look of things wasn’t much. 

Surprised SpiderVerse didn’t get the A+ cinema score when the first film did. But it is a very “online” film. Plus there was quadruple the sample I’d imagine lol. 

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

More than it would’ve made on Hulu though. Depends how much they spent to advertise, which by the look of things wasn’t much. 

Surprised SpiderVerse didn’t get the A+ cinema score when the first film did. But it is a very “online” film. Plus there was quadruple the sample I’d imagine lol. 

What exactly is an 'online film'

Just now, screambaby said:

What exactly is an 'online film'

“Online film” would be where a huge fan base are very active on twitter, spamming replies and using IMDb/RT etc. It’s a very active film on twitter. Explained by half the audience being aged 18-24, I’d assume.