ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

23 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

May be $10M SAT 

On 10/4/2024 at 11:31 AM, Lighthouse said:

We're the same.

5hw5ve2xfosd1.gif

These perfectly aligned numbers were a prophecy for the OW being in the 30s

(Update: Right now, both RT percentages are at 32% How low can the scores and OW go?)

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

May be $10M SAT 

For TWR hopefully...

I have to say, I'm a bit diappointed. I thought this one might cruise to a classic animated run ater a solid 30% drop on WE 2. But so far, it doesn't look like a magical run at all. 

11 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

That would put it around The Wild Robot’s OW numbers. But good for that movie, not good for Joker 2.

Was hoping TWR could hold better than that 4.9m Friday, especially with Joker 2 turning into a disaster non-event. Unless Saturday surprise me with well over 100% bump, 40% is still quite a "harsh" for a 98% RT audience movie. At this rate, it probably won't make much more than Migration.  

Looks like it is up to Terrific 3 and Anora to save the cinema. 

16 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Was hoping TWR could hold better than that 4.9m Friday, especially with Joker 2 turning into a disaster non-event. Unless Saturday surprise me with well over 100% bump, 40% is still quite a "harsh" for a 98% RT audience movie. At this rate, it probably won't make much more than Migration.  

Maybe they should not have released two animated movies about robots at the end of September.Paramount or Universal should have moved their movie to August.  It did not help that Beetlejuice Beetlejuice stole a lot of the Casual family audiences away during non peak moviegoing time. As has been pointed out families are only really going to multiple movies during seasonal times.Spring Break, Summer Break, Holiday/Christmas break.

23 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Disaster or no, Joker still took all the PLF and there's not much you can do about that. It might get some back next week though. Still nearly two months until Moana as well.

18 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Any Friday numbers or theater count for The Substance?

From Deadline:

The Substance (Mubi) 700 (-1012) theaters, Fri $430K (-28%), 3-day $1.45M (-30%), Total $9.8M/Wk 3

If that theater count is accurate, that is an incredible hold, and would mean it's gonna have the best PTA of its run so far. Is $15M total on the table?!

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

27 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

It was unlikely to drop sub 40% this weekend. It wouldn't just be a good typical family movie hold if it could do that it would've been incredible. It lost all its PLF this weekend and IMAX and other PLF was reported 43% of where it's money was coming from last weekend. I noted that from Deadlines report last weekend and that it would likely face a drop in the 40s, but lower would be possible and really good if it was getting a lot of second weekend business above normal drop patterns that could offset the ATP difference. Mid 40s is about where Inside Out and Despicable Me dropped when they faced the PLF losses so I pinned it around there.

That's just kind of how it goes with these premium screens nowadays, unless a film audience is just largely not using them, it never had them, or a movie is able to slowly wean off the screens instead of dropping them all at once.