Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

29 minutes ago, Alli said:

those guys tend to like genre films.

plus why do you think Variety, THR don't tweet early reviews? They take their time putting order in their thoughts regarding the film. tweeting 5 minutes after the film is over can be misleading. there's a rush and euphoria. plus you can't properly review a movie in 100 characters.

That's also what gives those tweets likes and retweets. People are more attracted to euphoria and hype than composed thoughts. :)

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

That's also what gives those tweets likes and retweets. People are more attracted to euphoria and hype than composed thoughts. :)

And more attracted to the first thought about a movie. But embargo should diminish the issue many made their first public thought about the movie a long time after seeing it I would imagine, needed to respect the embargo...

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Twitter reaction reminds me of SMH - raves and a lone detractor or two. This is gonna get a glowing critical reception, me thinks. :)

I don't get why they are surprised by Finn Wolfhard. Anyone watching Stranger Things should know how great he is. I understand that Millie Bobby brown is getting more attention due to flashier role (killer powers) but all the kids but especiallt Wolfhard are praise-worthy. I'm glad he's getting singled out with Skarasgaard of course. :)

hopefully the reactions are exaggerated and hypoerbolic like those were... :ph34r:

Speaking of Stranger Things, pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but no way that that show's success didn't leave everybody with an appetite for something quite like this before. Most people even joke that It is a bit of a ST lookalike (I mean, it even has Finn Wolfhard in it, after all).

And looking forward, It's success could potentially leave people even more hyped for ST S2.

I'm never satisfied with early reviews unless it's a reviewer I follow/have very similar opinions with generally.

Chris Stuckmann, John Campea, and Ralphthemoviemaker are usually those reviewers for me.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Speaking of Stranger Things, pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but no way that that show's success didn't leave everybody with an appetite for something quite like this before. Most people even joke that It is a bit of a ST lookalike (I mean, it even has Finn Wolfhard in it, after all).

And looking forward, It's success could potentially leave people even more hyped for ST S2.

Did he get cast in this before or after Stranger Things?

On 8/23/2017 at 9:56 PM, BoxOfficeZ said:

Alright, I've just seen it. That's a lot to process. Here are my first thoughts and this is from the perspective of a person who has never seen the mini-series and read the book (Was going to but realized I simply didn't have time before the showing).

Just seeing this, glad to hear all of this. I can deal with the annoying jump scares (which do nothing for me) but I want there to be a lot more. The imagery should be enough and it sounds like it should be. I totally believe that about the score too from all the marketing I've heard. Stoked you enjoyed it!

• Like 1

Early reactions all sound promising! Glad to hear it's a lot of fun because it won't scare me. I just want the atmosphere.

That Jason dude who didn't like it thinks the Rob Zombies Halloween remake is a lot better than the original. He's the one saying don't trust positive reviews.....and I immediately threw his opinion out. Like no....no....and no. His taste in horror is awful.

Jason‏ @jasonosia  16h16 hours ago

rob zombie's Halloween > the thing remake > Halloween > the thing

I might be underwhelmed with this when all is said and done but Rob Zombies Halloween is absolute garbage compared to the original. Like hot acid trash.

Anyway, I'm glad Perry liked it because I'm as hyped as she was.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

The film might not be good, we have to wait and see but I don't care about the opinion of any dude who says that the bland Thing prequel is better than the masterful original. That's not even an opinion.

Also this film is going to open big 60+mil regardless of reviews. I know there are plenty on here who don't want that to happen but it's pretty much guaranteed. You can't manufacture the kind of buzz IT has. I remember when Beauty and the Beast and Jurassic World's okay reviews were supposed to hurt them and when we all thought Apes rave reviews would help it.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

1 hour ago, snarkmachine said:

Did he get cast in this before or after Stranger Things?

I assume you mean before or after Stranger Things was released on Netflix, so that would be before (he was in the casting calls on June 2016, ST came out a month later... although promotion for ST was already heavy).

I got my ticket for Friday Sept. 8 at 7:30 pm. It's filling up surprisingly fast and looking at the seats sold it looks like people are buying in groups, but considering it's mostly the prime seats sold so far it could just be couples and small groups taking the good seats early.

I would have loved to go see the Thursday preview instead, but I get up early for work and I'd be lucky if I got home by 11 pm.

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The film might not be good, we have to wait and see but I don't care about the opinion of any dude who says that the bland Thing prequel is better than the masterful original. That's not even an opinion.

Also this film is going to open big 60+mil regardless of reviews. I know there are plenty on here who don't want that to happen but it's pretty much guaranteed. You can't manufacture the kind of buzz IT has. I remember when Beauty and the Beast and Jurassic World's okay reviews were supposed to hurt them and when we all thought Apes rave reviews would help it.

I'm new here, but why is rooting against movies fun for people?  Cinema itself is under attack and I for one would hate for a future of watching all movies at home so anything that gets people excited and out there is good to me.

I suppose if I really disliked a movie I might not want it to do so well, but if I'm in a position like this Jason guy I wouldn't discourage people from watching...that requires really thinking very highly of your own opinion.  Say you didn't like it, fine.  Saying it is horrible? Not cool in my opinion. Guy hadn't even read the book so why is he yelling the loudest?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

The bigger critics like the movie as well.  It should end up in the 75% range or higher.  

Sales are massive already over 2 weeks out.  This one is heading towards $180m with a possibility at $200m+ domestic.  

If the scores are high enough, the insane thought of a $100m weekend is at least no longer laughable.  I am on the $70m+ opening weekend for sure right now to be safe, but think $80m is growing more likely by the day.  

" the insane thought of a $100m weekend is at least no longer laughable."  Another hit from the same studio behind Wonder Woman (June) , Dunkirk (July),  Annabelle: Creation (August) ?

shutter-shutter-island-30975637-648-322.

44 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I'm new here, but why is rooting against movies fun for people?  Cinema itself is under attack and I for one would hate for a future of watching all movies at home so anything that gets people excited and out there is good to me.

I suppose if I really disliked a movie I might not want it to do so well, but if I'm in a position like this Jason guy I wouldn't discourage people from watching...that requires really thinking very highly of your own opinion.  Say you didn't like it, fine.  Saying it is horrible? Not cool in my opinion. Guy hadn't even read the book so why is he yelling the loudest?

Sometimes disliking something that's popular can get you clicks. Not many are going to click on every review raving about it but most will click on the line voice trashing it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

" the insane thought of a $100m weekend is at least no longer laughable."  Another hit from the same studio behind Wonder Woman (June) , Dunkirk (July),  Annabelle: Creation (August) ?

240px-Nelson_haha.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

WB might have three $100M+ grossers in less than a month (IT, Ninjago, Blade Runner). How will you survive?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1