Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

Do you see a clown, a spider or a sewer first? Amazing poster. Love the double-imagery of a sewer VS spider. Love that the eyes are pointing in slightly different directions like the movie/actor. Love the throwback 80's artwork and style and feel.

The artist who made the poster is: https://www.instagram.com/oliverbarrett/?hl=en

and he spoke a little about it on the Stephen King subreddit linked via pic above, saying this:

"WB usually demands full ownership of any artwork that's based on one of its properties. I'm a big fan of IT, so I was okay with this arrangement, but it's obviously not ideal. If they decide to use it outside of the gallery showing and online promotion (ie: Regal Cinemas using it, which I wasn't aware would happen), I'm hoping they'd do something for me, but who knows."

So apparently Warner Brothers had this commissioned for some event called Gallery1988.

Every step of the way the marketing department has knocked it out of the park for this movie

Another pic of someone saying IT mural marketing popping up near them: 

Edited by Tyrian
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Considering how weak the box office has been for weeks now and how weak it'll continue to be til this opens I expect big numbers

Yup, the weekend thread is much like the summer so far....a disaster...