Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

30 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Won't lie though, I am always here for the dragons tearing shit up.

Usually same, but in this instance:

If they dragon had not murdered innocent people and dany’s character — the money they would saved could have paid for John to pet Ghost goodbye. So. #robbedonbothends

40 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Usually same, but in this instance:

If they dragon had not murdered innocent people and dany’s character — the money they would saved could have paid for John to pet Ghost goodbye. So. #robbedonbothends

I can see what you're saying but the dragon tearing shit up was really cool.

Believe me, I'm still as heated as anyone over the dog thing but I think there was room in the budget for both dragons and dogs.

• Haha 1

I loved the action. I remember telling a friend a few years ago that Dany would go mad and that the show had been setting it up. I was positive this would happen, so I saw it, but I guess this wasn't set up well enough for others. I actually expected her to burn the city down, especially because they really emphasized that if the bell rings that means they have surrendered.

Everything else though was lame. Cersei dying by rubble come on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

I loved the action. I remember telling a friend a few years ago that Dany would go mad and that the show had been setting it up. I was positive this would happen, so I saw it, but I guess this wasn't set up well enough for others. I actually expected her to burn the city down, especially because they really emphasized that if the bell rings that means they have surrendered.

We know she will go mad but I was expecting her to go mad for Throne against Jon Snow, Tyrion not on innocent people.

Besides, I am not very good with explaining with words how pissed I am with something but this whole season is shit.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AndyLL said:

"I will take what is mine with fire and blood"

"When my dragons are grown, we will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who wronged me! We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground!"

She has always been prone to violence to her enemies... and it was always implied that she considered anyone not with her to be an enemy.  They blatantly said that in this episode. 

All her actions up to this point were for the sole purpose of winning the throne of the 7 kingdoms in any manner required.  All her 'good deeds' were done to build support and armies.

This was her initial plan seasons ago but her advisors  convinced her that should could not maintain the throne if she laid waste to Kings Landing.

But now that her advisors have betrayed her and with Snow being a real threat to her throne it obviously made sense that she'd turn to 'ruling by fear'.

Over the seasons every time she became a little too likeable they'd have her commit a brutal act of violence that wasn't necessary to contrast her with Snow who is squeaky clean morally. 

This is not Anakin murdering younglings in the jedi temple.

This is like anakin going to slums and just stabbing random civilians.

I think her going power hungry and burning the red keep down leading to people dying makes sense.

But what she did was not built up well at all..

Also how in the episode before dragons seemed like they were easy targets and now the dragons have lvl 100 evasion.

Edited by Lordmandeep

35 minutes ago, bladels said:

How can the show keep getting worse and worse every episode?

It's quite spectacular and depressing how quickly Dumb & Dumber destroyed one of the best TV show of all time.

I've seen the season finale for How I Met Your Mother, GOT ain't that bad.

Seriously, the show is pretty good as a straight up action show. Its easier to ignore the flaws in the writing. 

30 minutes ago, DAR said:

Credit to @aabatterywho had this on Telegram 

Also works for other properties

lol it's accurate.

It was a well-done episode action-wise but I dunno. It really does feel like some characters were really done dirty here.

Edited by filmlover

8 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

honestly the only thing I can say i didn't completely hate about this episode was Cleganebowl(and Qyburns hilarious death), but I think even that could've been much more dramatic and brutally badass than what we got

I kept thinking of this. 

1 hour ago, AJG said:

I've seen the season finale for How I Met Your Mother, GOT ain't that bad.

Seriously, the show is pretty good as a straight up action show. Its easier to ignore the flaws in the writing. 

Its hard to ignore that when the show used to have some of the best writing on television. 

• Like 1

If you're someone who's angry with how Benioff and Weiss have handled things, that's fine.    But shouldn't George RR Martin get at least some blame for dragging his feet and not finishing the books?

Edited by DAR
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, CloneWars said:

Yes, we've all known they were going the Mad Queen route for several years.  You're not special.

The issue isn't that we didn't expect it to happen.  The issue is that it was so poorly developed.  There wasn't any build up.  There was no progression.  There was just a singular snap.  She went from liberator to genocidal maniac in 3.7 seconds.  It wasn't earned.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ZackM said:

Yes, we've all known they were going the Mad Queen route for several years.  You're not special.

The issue isn't that we didn't expect it to happen.  The issue is that it was so poorly developed.  There wasn't any build up.  There was no progression.  There was just a singular snap.  She went from liberator to genocidal maniac in 3.7 seconds.  It wasn't earned.

Thing is You have a character that does heroic things for 7 seasons and some bad things but she is quite aware of what she can become... and then suddenly does the worst thing that anyone has done in this show X10.

I know the defence of this stupidity will say she lost it losing her friends but really going around burning down innocent people and kids just for kicks is a bit much of a drastic change. 

Dany burning King's Landing felt like the right ending. It could have been the perfect culmination of everything this show ever set out to do, if only they'd earned it.

I read an article that perfectly sums up how I feel. Let me quote the best parts

Thrones has been planting the seeds for a Mad Queen heel turn by Daenerys for years. A few moments from the series stand out in particular: In Season 1, she and Khal Drogo are excited to give birth to “The Stallion Who Mounts the World,” a near-messianic figure who Mirri Maz Duur says will burn cities to the ground. In Season 2, Dany repeats that idea, promising to “burn cities to the ground” once her dragons are fully grown, when she’s outside the gates of Qarth. In Season 6, she threatens to return the cities of Slaver’s Bay “to the dirt.” Throughout the show, Daenerys has burned people alive: first a master in Meereen, then the Tarlys, and then Varys in this latest episode. Yet Sunday was the first time it ever seemed possible for Dany to burn innocents by the thousands. Despite years of foreshadowing, the character’s final tyrannical turn in this episode feels unearned. Murdering innocent children and families in their homes has never been who she is. The broad strokes may have been suggested earlier, but the specifics came out of nowhere.

They forgot about the empathy that has been as fundamental to Daenerys’s character as her ruthlessness. She took Yunkai, Astapor, and Meereen with minimal bloodshed, and she succeeded in creating a better world for the people in those cities. She wanted to rule, yes, but the girl who had spent so much of her childhood being bullied and tormented by more powerful men also knew what injustice was.

What Thrones seemed to be setting up for years was a conflict between Daenerys’s compassion and her dogged pursuit of the Iron Throne. What decision would she make when winning the crown required the loss of thousands of innocent lives? Yet this episode didn’t give us that dilemma. When Daenerys chooses to burn King’s Landing, it’s after the people of the city are ringing the bells and the Lannister soldiers have thrown down their weapons. The war is won

It’s one thing to be ruthless, as Daenerys has always been; it’s another to be truly cruel and evil

She instigated a completely unnecessary mass killing, a vicious act that is entirely outside her established character.

If Dany had caused so much collateral damage as a byproduct of her quest for the throne, her heel turn would at least have been consistent with her character. Instead, she blindly kills thousands

• Like 9