Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

lmao even my friends aren't liking this. Co-worker tonight said he thought this episode "had the laziest writing I've ever seen."

It's really a shame that the writers have failed the show because everyone else has been bringing their A-game to the production otherwise. Even though the storytelling was...problematic, needless to say...the images of the carnage certainly produced some harrowing images.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

I am going to give the finale next week a huge break. I am going to watch it from the perspective that the Dany turn was justified and that the entire season wasn't rushed. A clean slate at the opening credits just to see if it would work in that situation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Honestly, if Danny had accepted the surrender and they all lived happily ever after, people would be crying "fan service".

No one expected a happy ending - it's Game of Thrones. But to completely ruin every single character is not the way to go about it. There were so many other ways they could have executed a "tragic ending". Fan theories on reddit are 1000 times better. 

• Like 3

Jamie finally makes it to Cersei in the top tower of the Red Keep.(Leaving aside Jamie’s character arc has reversed course and gone backwards). They embrace in one final reunion. 

The bells ring as Daenerys surveys the city, her victory at hand. She gazes up towards the Red Keep.  Drogon rises and heads towards the Red Keep. 

Jamie sees them approach. In one final desperate act he grabs an axe. 

Spoiler

Drogon swings around, lands and perches outside the window. Dany and Cersei stare face to face. 

Dany whispers one word, “dracarys”. 

Much better. 

• Like 3

I'm just glad we'll find out in 5 days who sits on the Iron Throne and be done with it. That is, if the Iron Throne even still exists after all the destruction of the penultimate episode.

Edited by filmlover