lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Thundercats

That might have just been big in the U.K though not sure about US. 

I loved Cheetara

yeah there were big in the US for a while too in the 80s.  Obviously I liked them enough by one look to the left :P 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, 75live said:

yeah there were big in the US for a while too in the 80s.  Obviously I liked them enough by one look to the left :P 

They were a big deal here in the U.K when I was really young!

I remember crying one morning when something bad happened in the world so it's usually Saturday morning slot was cancelled for a news report :lol:

Caught a matinee of this yesterday. I was a big fan of the power Rangers when I was younger so I wanted to check it out just for nostalgia purposes but this was a no for me. If I wanted to watch a teen drama, I'd just turn on the CW or something. By the time they actually get to be the power Rangers, i was just like ehh. And then when they actually became the power Rangers....I was pretty disappointed. 

Having said all of this....there's a foundation for them to work on if they do want to make a sequel for this. 

I was just overall bored and disappointed with this film. 5/10 

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

Caught a matinee of this yesterday. I was a big fan of the power Rangers when I was younger so I wanted to check it out just for nostalgia purposes but this was a no for me. If I wanted to watch a teen drama, I'd just turn on the CW or something. By the time they actually get to be the power Rangers, i was just like ehh. And then when they actually became the power Rangers....I was pretty disappointed. 

Having said all of this....there's a foundation for them to work on if they do want to make a sequel for this. 

I was just overall bored and disappointed with this film. 5/10 

Stop it nova you never liked power rangers

42 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I remember crying one morning when something bad happened in the world so it's usually Saturday morning slot was cancelled for a news report :lol:

I'm out of likes 

But lol

Yeah we has them every weekday afternoon so it was an after school staple :)  

Edited by 75live

NEW
SABAN’S POWER RANGERS

From Lionsgate, the franchise reboot saw its debut weekend morph into an $18.7M launch in 62 markets. The best plays were in Latin America, with Mexico opening at No. 2 with $3M and Brazil grabbing $2.1M, also at No. 2.

The UK also opened at No. 2 with $2.1M. In Asia, the smaller plays like Malaysia and the Philippines did well with $1.7M and $1.1M, respectively. Of course there’s a beauty and her great beast traipsing around the globe and they’re still taking a lot of oxygen out of the markets.

However, the film is skewing younger internationally than it is with domestic audiences and that’s particularly true in Europe. Missing from the Top 5 slots were such majors as Germany and Russia.

The brand itself, created by Haim Saban and Japan’s Toei, has logged some TV 831 episodes, with toy sales well above $6B. A Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers feature was previously released by Fox back in 1995. Some have been comping this Power Rangers (est prod cost $100M) to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise reboot that Paramount kicked off in 2014. The first of those films went on to $302M overseas after strong opening reviews. Last year’s Out Of The Shadows served up $163.6M on the offshore half-shell. However, both of those were summer releases so are not perfect guides.

The next big dates on the Dean Israelite-helmed Rangers are in France, Italy and Spain the week of April 5. Notably still to come are Korea and Japan later down the line.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Krissykins said:

10 hours ago, 75live said:

I'm out of likes 

But lol

Yeah we has them every weekday afternoon so it was an after school staple :)  

I watched Thundercats too after school growing up. And Krissy I'd get upset too if something happened in the world.  

The worst I remembered was a local station might have been ABC or CBS was going to show aLooney Tunes/Charlie Brown Halloween special and they showed a Jimmy Swaggart program.

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Xillix said:

It means Lionsgate financed 75% of the budget with foreign pre-sales.

Because it also include 75% of the P&A and not budget, I imagine it mean Lionsgate have co-financier partner too, if it is purely pre-sales they are impressive sales.

I don't understand why this connected with the domestic fans so well but 62 foreign countries gave it a finger and rightfully so. It could have been good but they decided to put the spotlight on the most boring and unlikable characters (Jason and Kimberley) instead of everyone else who isn't those two.