CJohn

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE | Sep 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 15

Among the main complaints are

A: The movie is too long and drags in many places (I had my doubts about the running time;2 hours and 20 minutes seemed too long for this type of movie;)

B.Way too many Pop Culture references;they get very old very fast

C.Even things that should be funny (like Julianne Moore as the Big Bad) don't quite work.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Among the main complaints are

A: The movie is too long and drags in many places (I had my doubts about the running time;2 hours and 20 minutes seemed too long for this type of movie;)

B.Way too many Pop Culture references;they get very old very fast

C.Even things that should be funny (like Julianne Moore as the Big Bad) don't quite work.

Many also called it chauvinistic which isn't surprising.  

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Jeff Wadlow clearly did everything, except emulating Vaughn's style in Kick Ass 2, lol.

Both movies were insanely different in everything.

Yeah Wadlow's direction made it seem less comic-booky, and more strangely "gritty". His action scenes were also worse directed, though I can't say I'm surprised by that. 

1 hour ago, Rumpot said:

IMDB at 7.5 with 4260 ratings so far - seems to be following a similar disconnect between critics/general audience as Hitman's Bodyguard.  

-3.3 on Letterbox with 1700+ reviews also, not terrible

7.5 before US release isn’t good. It’ll likely fall further.

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

Ralph trashed this film HARD. 

I love Ralph but he has trashed some of my favorite movies of the past few years (War for the Planet of the Apes, Kubo and the Two Strings, etc.). I love listening to his opinions but I'm going into this film with an open mind.

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I love Ralph but he has trashed some of my favorite movies of the past few years (War for the Planet of the Apes, Kubo and the Two Strings, etc.). I love listening to his opinions but I'm going into this film with an open mind.

Yeah I don't always agree with him either. His praises and trashings are amusing as fuck though. :lol: 

I found it dull. There's a good hour stretch where nothing of note really happens and the action scenes here feature all the Vaughn trademarks with really none of the spark that the first film had. There are a couple ones featuring Pedro Pascal that are neat, but that was about it. I really liked the first movie and was hoping this would turn out fun but it's not even a case of bigger being better syndrome (honestly scale feels about the same), it's that there's nothing interesting Vaughn brings to the table, at all. The Statesmen could be interesting but it all feels undercooked, along with 3 other plot lines and a few wasted characters.

I didn't hate it, but it was just there. And there were two gags I didn't care for much at all, one for just being kind of an ugly gag without any purpose to it (I at least get where they were going with the anal scene in the first), and one that gets abused about 5 times too many

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2