kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

7 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

This sudden hate for Marvel and Avengers: Infinity War is incredible, then again I joined these forums 3 months ago so I don't know if there's history

What? Theres no hate here for these movies, if anything, some people love them a bit TOO much. Theres lots of dislike for JP/JW though, which is actually ridiculous.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, scoobysaurus said:

Thank you sir. I quite like some superhero movies and I only have a problem with hypocrites that turn a blind eye to their favorite franchise or genre and find fault with others for doing the same.

Turn a blind eye to what exactly ? There are 5-6 succesfull superhero films each year , it’s not the superhero fans that are turning a blind eye, it’s people like you that simply want to ignore reality.

Hell even the Incredibles that is bound to do ....Incredible is another superhero film.

3 hours ago, MrSinister said:

Brontosauruses? I don't know man, they're ginormous and ginormous beings we expext to move superslow (with the exception of some forms of Godzilla and his cohorfs) so I think because it lingers so long you have time to spot the awkwardness (like jabba the hutt in a new hope special edition. That was a money shot though, so youre right that what was once a jaw dropping scene doesn't impress much if at all 25 years later. 

T

2018 lacking CGI or not what truly sells the scene even 25 years later are the actors, especially Sam Neill who's reaction is a beautiful mixture of disbelief, awe and inarticulate wonder

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

2018 lacking CGI or not what truly sells the scene even 25 years later are the actors, especially Sam Neill who's reaction is a beautiful mixture of disbelief, awe and inarticulate wonder

Yeah that whole scene and how it unravels is ....amazing ...”welcome to Jurassic park !!!”, john williams’ amazing theme playing, Sam Neil looking like he has seen God or something.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I am watching Jurassic Park 3 right now.

This is sooooo much worse than I remembered.

JP3 is a pure and total abomination. Possibly the worst blockbuster of all time.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

no Alan is the only good part.

I give that scene that it is really funny in its absurdity. Also made for one of the greatest gifs of all time obviously.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

JP3 is a pure and total abomination. Possibly the worst blockbuster of all time.

It's up there with Alien: Resurrection as one of the most off kilter creature features of the 90s/early aughts, and not in a good way. The green screen parasailing scene coupled with Grant's mid-flight nightmare was a foreshadowing of the sub-par cinema that was about to follow. I was actually kind of rooting for the film to be good, because I did enjoy most of Joe Johnston's work before JP III. Damn, it was a major misfire on all fronts.

Edited by ThePhasmid

This movie is as much fun as the first movie. I liked it just as much as the first one really, it's great sequel that understands exactly what the franchise is all about.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-5 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

19.62%

Total Seats Sold Today:          124

.2389x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 5 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.5522x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 5 days before release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales) 

.5923x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  5 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) 

.5641x as many tickets sold as Solo 5 days before release pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales) 

• Like 1