Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

That Todd Phillips pitch to Warner for The Joker tho.

SOunds like an SNL skit.

That is exactly the pictch I would have used if I wanted to make fun of them.

And they fell for it.

They will ocntinue to.

How grandiose and predictable these proceedings are.

• ...wtf 1

I’m kind of surprised it took this long for the Joker thread to get locked. It seems like there is no way to have a civil discussion about that movie. 

In other news, there seems to be virtually no enthusiasm in Birds of Prey, which pleases me. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 3

23 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

why did the Joker thread get locked? some posts were deleted so I can't really know what happened but can't the mods just ban the problematic users and move on?

The mods gave plenty of warnings and the toxicity didn’t stop

I find it funny how everything is labeling a conspiracy theory by some mods... 

It is well known by everyone adding politics into a movie review generates a lot more buzz and therefore critics are pressured by editors and media companies to generate such reviews to generate ad revenue.

It does not mean that all 'reviews are fake'... it just means that reviews for this film should be looked at with more suspicion compared to the typical film. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Knock It Off 1

9 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m kind of surprised it took this long for the Joker thread to get locked. It seems like there is no way to have a civil discussion about that movie. 

In other news, there seems to be virtually no enthusiasm in Birds of Prey, which pleases me. 

Maybe not on this forum but it's gotten a good amount buzz on twitter. And though I hate how much Margot and Harley are being shoved at us, I'm not hoping the movie fails. BoP succeeding is more important than something like Joker, especially since the former is connected to the DCEU (or what's left of it).

27 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I find it funny how everything is labeling a conspiracy theory by some mods... 

It is well known by everyone adding politics into a movie review generates a lot more buzz and therefore critics are pressured by editors and media companies to generate such reviews to generate ad revenue.

It does not mean that all 'reviews are fake'... it just means that reviews for this film should be looked at with more suspicion compared to the typical film. 

So it's cool for the movie to add politics or some sort of social commentary but critics "adding politics" to their reviews should be met with suspicion. The discourse around this movie is so predictable yet hilarious all the same.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

So it's cool for the movie to add politics or some sort of social commentary but critics "adding politics" to their reviews should be met with suspicion. The discourse around this movie is so predictable yet hilarious all the same.

This is nothing new really, been happening long before this movie came along. Some people get triggered just by celebrities talking about politics (which in turn says more about them than it does about the celebrity).

Edited by filmlover
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Since both the Joker thread and the Weekend Thread are closed I ca e here to say that the last 15 minutes or so of Joker are a cinematic achievement.Holy shit I can’t take them off my mind.

Thoughts on Phoenix performance? Nom? Win? Neither?

21 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Like you do you really think reviewers are not playing up the politics for click bait to generate ad revenue for a lot of failing media companies? 

How naive are you guys lol 

Its a slow time for entertainment news and really there is no harm here as it just adds buzz to the film. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is nothing new really, been happening long before this movie came along. Some people get triggered just by celebrities talking about politics (which in turn says more about them than it does about the celebrity).

Most people get annoyed by celebrities preaching politics as Hollywood as a whole is hypocritical.

Hollywood was full of serial sexual abusers like Wienstien for decades and many actors and big shots said nothing even though they knew about it in some way. 

Now the same people who stayed silent are #metoo 

11 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Like you do you really think reviewers are not playing up the politics for click bait to generate ad revenue for a lot of failing media companies? 

How naive are you guys lol 

Its a slow time for entertainment news and really there is no harm here as it just adds buzz to the film. 

Here's what I know, political criticism and film criticism are intertwined. Acting like this movie is some special case that calls for suspicion, particularly when it invites political criticism, is absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Joker is an unmitigated  masterpiece.

Joaquin Phoenix proves again he is the best actor working right now.

The last act is one of the most incredible peice of filmmaking ever put on screen.

Forget about your TOP 10 CBM silly lists.

This movie is TOP10/TOP 5 best movies ever material.

This is real cinema.

I never doubted Todd Phillips.

I knew.

Become a believer too.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Here's what I know, political criticism and film criticism are intertwined. Acting like this movie is some special case that calls for suspicion, particularly when it invites political criticism, is absolutely ridiculous. 

However the political critique in not uniform and has come from American reviewers and we know that American media is notoriously click bait oriented compared to media from other developed countries.

To pretend this is just a typical critique politically minded critique is even more ridiculous based on what we seen so far. 

We live in a hyper partisan time and putting a headline "Joke appeals to Incels" gets more clicks, that is a fact. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Phoenix as Joker isn't even the best performance of this Oscar season let alone all time

De Niro should stop yelling at clouds on live TV and remember that eons ego, he could reach those Joaquin Phoenix playing The Joker acting heights.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 1