kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hmm, I think the critics are jumping on the bandwagon a bit. 

It was literally the stage show Cats... as a film. 

Wonder how many of them have seen the show (or liked it). 

3/5 

That sounds terrible, no wonder they didn't like it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hmm, I think the critics are jumping on the bandwagon a bit. 

It was literally the stage show Cats... as a film. 

Wonder how many of them have seen the show (or liked it). 

3/5 

The critics all published their reviews at the same time. 

What makes a property work on stage does not necessarily translate for everyone to film. 

Even as a stage show, Cats developed a reputation. Obviously it has many fans, it won awards when it was new, but also has numerous detractors who derided it as kitsch, strictly for tourists and lacking in a plot or good/memorable music (apart from Memory).  There's a reason this cartoon/meme used Cats and not other equally famous megamusicals like Phantom of the Opera or Les Mis: 

51 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

The critics all published their reviews at the same time. 

What makes a property work on stage does not necessarily translate for everyone to film. 

Even as a stage show, Cats developed a reputation. Obviously it has many fans, it won awards when it was new, but also has numerous detractors who derided it as kitsch, strictly for tourists and lacking in a plot or good/memorable music (apart from Memory).  There's a reason this cartoon/meme used Cats and not other equally famous megamusicals like Phantom of the Opera or Les Mis: 

Not really about the critics thing, only a few dropped bang on embargo. I think it’s more a fact of not many of them have seen the show. When I see them saying “there’s no plot” I’m thinking.... this a surprise why? Lol 

Yeh I know about the shows reputation, especially the last few years. No idea what that cartoon thing is though, didn’t click it lol. 

Aaaanyway, its a very close adaptation. 

13 hours ago, CloneWars said:

So, here's my thoughts. Cats belongs among the greats such as The Room, and well, The Room. Although, nothing beats The Room, but it's a runner up.

I keep seeing this but it's not entertaining enough to be a re-watchable midnight classic. Yeah, it's a complete disaster but it's incredibly boring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

I keep seeing this but it's not entertaining enough to be a re-watchable midnight classic. Yeah, it's a complete disaster but it's incredibly boring.

I disagree, I got a vibe. 

It certainly has the review and box office to become a cult classic lol 

So I have never heard of anything like this and I think it's insane that Universal thinks this will fix the movies issues. I'm seeing this tomorrow night and I don't think the regal in my area is attached to Universal's download system. I believe they get copies as well. So yeah...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/universal-notifies-theaters-cats-is-being-updated-improved-visual-effects-1264689

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

So I have never heard of anything like this and I think it's insane that Universal thinks this will fix the movies issues. I'm seeing this tomorrow night and I don't think the regal in my area is attached to Universal's download system. I believe they get copies as well. So yeah...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/universal-notifies-theaters-cats-is-being-updated-improved-visual-effects-1264689

Yeah that whole thing is really weird. I don't know what to make of it. Maybe @Barnack knows something.

Honest opinion :

I really loved Cats. It was very enjoyable movie throughout. I don't know what you all were expecting. I expected Cats and I got Cats. 

Yes, CGI was wonky at times but everything else was just perfect. A perfect movie for holidays. 

8/10 

Wish there was more Tay-Tay.