kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I can’t tell if Mangold’s tweet is just him having fun, or if he’s genuinely not happy about the idea that his movie is no longer the emotional goodbye to Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine it was once meant to be. 

Just having fun. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

Not sure about that, but being the highest grossing R rated movie of all time seems likely. I also am looking forward to this vs Joker 2 coming just one month apart. 

Oh, damn. I didn’t even realize that. That’ll be interesting for sure. 

9 hours ago, John Marston said:

So instead of a Endgame/NWH portal moment they are going to waste Jackman’s return on this

Don't think this precludes that kind of appearance at all!  Wouldn't be surprised if Feige has Jackman in a 2-film deal or similar (for big bucks, of course!)  And this was loooong speculated... Seriously folks, we all knew Jackman was going to return at some point...  The possibility was only increased as his post-Logan movie career has not performed well...  

Edited by Macleod

10 hours ago, John Marston said:

So instead of a Endgame/NWH portal moment they are going to waste Jackman’s return on this

Wtf are you talking about, this is the only way Jackman's return makes any sense, otherwise he shouldn't return at all, definitely not like Patrick Stewart in MoM or shitty SNL portals in NWH.

Edited by Firepower

I guess this and Gotg3 will be the biggest phase 5 projects.   

Really looking at the other ones:

quantumania

marvels

blade

cap4

thunderbolts

Might not be close unless marvels goes hot. Still compared to the heavy hitters of phase 1, 3, 4 looks kinda rough. Phase 2 was also quite modest aside from AoU.

Edited by Legion By Night

10 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I can’t tell if Mangold’s tweet is just him having fun, or if he’s genuinely not happy about the idea that his movie is no longer the emotional goodbye to Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine it was once meant to be. 

He did follow up saying he's kidding and looking forward to it.

I think it's a shame though. I don't care about multiverse or prequel gymnastics, and it's hard to imagine this won't take Logan's ending down a peg. But Reynolds and Jackman had done bromance schtick on twitter for so long I suppose it was inevitable. Memes become movies now.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

I have to laugh at this announcement coming so soon after The Son proved to be failed Oscar bait.

Yes, I doubt this collaboration would exist if Jackman's post Logan career hadn't floundered (Showman notwithstanding).

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

How much it can gross with R rating if it get NWH like hype & interest? I mean how much R rating would reduce it's box office if if gets exact same hype like NWH?

Assuming the exact same kind of hype as NWH I’d go with 15-20% on the rating factor + 10% on the holiday factor, so maybe $550-600M using NWH ATP.

• Thanks 1

Jackman has entered the paycheck phase of his career. This is prety much a FOX Deadpool film with Marvel Studio logo

No one is going to care about some knock off MCU Wolverine if the Original keeps coming back. I suppose MCU Xmen being 12 years away will help

• Like 1