kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

Man this would be an incredible get. 

Even if he gets a truncated pre-production time Sam Raimi is one of those directors with such a distinct visual style and power over his playful and sincere tone that I think he could still bring things to the table where the MCU is sorely lacking.

Personally Spider-Man 2 is one of my favourite films in the genre (and possibly in any genre), the level of cinematography, blocking, and visual storytelling/wit in that film is still something I haven't seen the MCU fully grasp with the exception of maybe Guardians Vol. 2. 

So if they do get him, I just hope they're getting him for him, and not just someone to fill the shoes of Derrickson. Hopefully Raimi still has a grasp on things as well, last film was Oz was in 2013 and very meh, his last excellent one was Drag Me To Hell in 2009. 

• Like 1

I don't feel excited hearing Raimi is coming back. I mean he he peaked in the early 2000s and hasn't had a very critically acclaimed directorial life since.

Also the OG spiderman movies feel distinctly unlike the mcu, though it is hard to guess how much of that was raimi's own vision or studio mandates.

As a singular unconnected film, this would be a great choice, but I'm doubtful there won't be any creative conflicts in the production room.

Strange 2 might be a civil war or ultron kind of event, and if so, I see no way for marvel to just hand over the keys without defining the sandbox first.

• Like 1

Papa Feige wins again. :bravo: Raimi return is exciting everyone. I think that they can deny it all they want now but multiverse is gonna happen and Toby will appear in Spidey movies down the line. 

But anyway, kudos to Papa for knowing how to keep his fans happy. he got rid of horrible blandness that were Boden&Flip. he got rid of Derrickson. he's bringing in exciting talent. :bravo:

• ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

12 hours ago, 75Live said:

Yeah, that's what I'm "worried" about too. I told my friend about the news who really likes Raimi and we're probably going to see him at a convention, but he didn't seem thrilled about this news. He doesn't feel he'll be able to do what he normally does in a Marvel movie.

This.

39 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Unless they're letting Raimi do whatever he wants... I don't see why he would do this? Marvel has been more lenient lately, but everything still has to fit a certain mold. Who knows, maybe it will all be different from now on?

many reasons, maybe he liked the script , maybe he likes marvel studios,etc  also there is a balance between have 100% control on a movie, and have none, and also its not like other studios let the director do 100% what he wants

7 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Hmm would then they get Danny Elfman for the score then? I quite like the Giacchino Doctor Strange theme though so hopefully they don't ditch it (Elfman didn't ditch the Avengers theme for Ultron). 

They've both scored Mission: Impossible films and Spider-Man films. If you're gonna replace an Elfman-esque composer, might as well get Elfman himself.

Edited by Jay Beezy