kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

19 hours ago, eddyxx said:

So my ex gf unsubscribed from Disney plus lol. I subscribed to d+ through Hulu(I already have hbo max add on too) and it’s only 3 bucks for like 3 months. Pretty good deal. I subscribed so I could watch the new episode of Ms. Marvel but I’m watching this now and how does the opening scene look better on my tv than it did when I saw it in liemax? Im watching the imax enhanced version on my big ass wall mounted lg btw.

Totally agree.

I was like why does this look better on my tv then it did in the cinema lol.

My local cinema is so shit.

• Like 2

Re-watching but damn Black Bolts death is dumber and dumber everytime I see it, not only Reed was dumb telling her but Black Bolts powers would never make his head explode because they don't work like that, he has electron manipulation not super scream and the fork on his forehead is where he control his powers, let alone the person who spent decades without opening his mouth unless it's the last choice got desperate and tried to talk at the first second.

Other than that I still enjoy the movie a lot

• Like 1

• The dreamwalking exposition dump
  • The ice-cream song
  • The music note fight
  • The Illuminati massacre
  • The underground chase
  • Zombie Strange

The most complained about parts of this movie are its best parts! There are legit story issues to go for, but people would rather complain about the scenes which show even a semblance of directorial style. Stinky poo.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

61% drop this week-end, Disney+ release really destroyed its late legs potential.

Otherwise I think it was headed for a 30% drop. It still had quite a few millions in the tank...

It also lost a lot of theaters. 

Still. It's irrelevant. If a billion was still in cards it would be annoying but it's not. 

If it makes 3 or 6 million more it's irrelevant at this point 

4 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

61% drop this week-end, Disney+ release really destroyed its late legs potential.

Otherwise I think it was headed for a 30% drop. It still had quite a few millions in the tank...

Yup. This was headed for a Captain Marvel like gross, but going to happen now. Oh well. Disney cares more about Disney+ than BO dollars these days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, ddddeeee said:
  • The sleepwalking exposition dump
  • The ice-cream song
  • The music note fight
  • The underground chase
  • Zombie Strange

The most complained about parts of this movie are its best parts! There are legit story issues to go for, but people would rather complain about the scenes which show even a semblance of directorial style. Stinky poo.

These...aren't the most complained about parts of the movie.

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, ddddeeee said:
  • The sleepwalking exposition dump
  • The ice-cream song
  • The music note fight
  • The underground chase
  • Zombie Strange

People hated the Pizza Poppa post-credit scene too and it's pretty much the only bit that made me smile.

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

Tried to watch this on disney+ but it really is unwatchable.

I hope Marvel drop this mutliverse nonsense, because it really is terrible, they are going to lose a lot of fans.

Though it worked well for NWH - this multiverse will be difficult to follow for lot of general audience...

Phase-4 so far has been a mixed bag so far...dont think we will get that Avengers level finale this time around..

Good

NWH was good...nostalgia definitely helped it get more $$ than it deserved

Shang Chi...one of better origin stories for Marvel

Decent/OK

DS:MOM, had so much potential to be a bigger success..

Black Widow...weak 3rd act brings down overall viewing experience.

Bad/Terrible

Eternals , worst marvel movie of all time , PERIOD

2 hours ago, CoolK said:

Phase-4 so far has been a mixed bag so far...dont think we will get that Avengers level finale this time around..

Good

Decent/OK

Bad/Terrible

I mostly agree with you. 

I would only trade places between Black Widow and Eternals. 

I liked Eternals enough. Black Widow... oof. One of the most garbage MCU products in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, CoolK said:

Good

Decent/OK

Bad/Terrible

Eternals had a story, thus its the best of the bunch.

I never understand the hate surrounding DS2. In fact, DS2 is in my upper tier of MCU movies. I hardly take MCU movies seriously because of their villains are often forgettable and threatless. To me a lot of them are just the showcase to show how charismatic their hero as a comedian, I can't really root for the plot if I know the hero will always win in the end without any suspense. Probably this is why I love IW far more than any MCU because the villain give a real threat to the world they are in. Similar to DS2, the villain is so powerful and determined , that got me worried about our protagonist.  With Raimi's interesting direction and take on the movie, it just worked for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2022 at 3:14 PM, titanic2187 said:

I never understand the hate surrounding DS2. In fact, DS2 is in my upper tier of MCU movies. I hardly take MCU movies seriously because of their villains are often forgettable and threatless. To me a lot of them are just the showcase to show how charismatic their hero as a comedian, I can't really root for the plot if I know the hero will always win in the end without any suspense. Probably this is why I love IW far more than any MCU because the villain give a real threat to the world they are in. Similar to DS2, the villain is so powerful and determined , that got me worried about our protagonist.  With Raimi's interesting direction and take on the movie, it just worked for me.

It seemed like (to me anyway) that the hype just got way out of hand. People were expecting things that were never going to be in the movie whether due to rumor or sort of misleading marketing. It was pretty much a daily occurance that there was some kind of "leak". A lot of which happened but a lot of things that didn't. This was something that largely worked in NWH's favor but not nearly as much with Doctor Strange. I think that was partially due to the fact that these were variants and not the characters we had seen before unlike with NWH and people were upset about them getting killed off.

• Like 1