grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

9 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

It is a bit of a shifting landscape for sure too though.  Regal, Cinemark, AMC are pushing reservations on their loyalty programs.  As I mentioned before AMC says now half of online presales are through their stubs app/website which has been growing fast

Sure, but movies come out every week and adjustments can be made.   As it is Fandango Pulse was only available on the IPad until earlier this year and was just posted now and then. We've had more consistent numbers over the last several months.

It's  another tool like checking MoiveTickets %, RT Want To See, IMDB rankings, Twitter, YT counts and Fandango screens/sellouts - but it's a pretty good one that's faster than checking seating charts on Fandango.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Sure, but movies come out every week and adjustments can be made.   As it is Fandango Pulse was only available on the IPad until earlier this year and was just posted now and then. We've had more consistent numbers over the last several months.

It's  another tool like checking MoiveTickets %, RT Want To See, IMDB rankings, Twitter, YT counts and Fandango screens/sellouts - but it's a pretty good one that's faster than checking seating charts on Fandango.

Absolutely.  Not knocking it at all. I definitely appreciate you posting it along with historical comparisons you have.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not sure why more people aren't talking about Wonder! Pre-sales seem great, and a 20M+ opening would be the surprise of the month in a month full of surprises!

People were in the weekend thread:)...at least I was - I've been saying for a week Wonder is probably gonna pick up at least an extra 1/2 screen at one of my locals and should be a very nice premier opener.  And that was before I knew about the Scouts angle which should get that movie's marketing team a medal...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not sure why more people aren't talking about Wonder! Pre-sales seem great, and a 20M+ opening would be the surprise of the month in a month full of surprises!

Wonder had great Trailer-Views, especially over at facebook, hinting, that it's doing very well with women, so it's not that there weren't hints, it might do well. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

People were in the weekend thread:)...at least I was - I've been saying for a week Wonder is probably gonna pick up at least an extra 1/2 screen at one of my locals and should be a very nice premier opener.  And that was before I knew about the Scouts angle which should get that movie's marketing team a medal...

Are you going to be stanning for Wonder instead of The Star? ;)

5 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Wonder had the highest test screening scores in Lionsgate history, so an A+ Cinemascore is very possible. If it opens to $20M+, a $100M+ total is likely 

It Would Be Awesome if Wonder, Murder, Coco, DH2, Thor & JL all do north of $100m+

Edited by the beast
  • Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

Are you going to be stanning for Wonder instead of The Star? ;)

I'm stanning all 3 this weekend - long live weekends without sequels and remakes:)...(yes, yes, JL is a kinda sequel, but 1st time for the JL onscreen is priceless:)...hurray for trying new stuff!

I haven't had a great weekend to stan since Happy Death Day:)...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm stanning all 3 this weekend - long live weekends without sequels and remakes:)...(yes, yes, JL is a kinda sequel, but 1st time for the JL onscreen is priceless:)...hurray for trying new stuff!

I haven't had a great weekend to stan since Happy Death Day:)...

I’m thinking JL will not  preform like a sequel at all.

I sense massive legs coming.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

22 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Wonder had the highest test screening scores in Lionsgate history, so an A+ Cinemascore is very possible. If it opens to $20M+, a $100M+ total is likely 

Last night on The Good Doctor there was an ad for Wonder with audience reactions. WOM is going to be insane.