grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 minute ago, Xftg123 said:

I can't even find the Actors, Studios in terms of Market Share. They got rid of the All Time Box Office Records for the remainder months and holidays, so we can't even see that either.

All the Box Office Data for actors, directors, producers, etc is all on IMDB Pro.

.All Time Records are still there under the Weekend Tab under All Time

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/charts/weekend/?ref_=bo_nb_csm_secondarytab

The rest is gone which truly sucks

OK. Did a quick check if preview sales are moving post initial mania. It has sold slightly more than 5K tickets since yesterday night. That is insane for most movies but for SW9 it’s not spectacular even this far out. But better news is another 93 shows have been added. So at least show count is increasing based on demand. Its still only at 4674 and I would like to see it close to double that number by Dec 19th.

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

UGH I've spent 7 years navigating BOM I know it like the back of my own hand. But seriously

Where's the inflation adjustor? I know it's not 100% accurate but it's a fun toy to do comparisons with. What about actor/director grosses etc.? These are all things I technically don't need in my life, but that I've taken for granted and I WANT THEM BACK.

This is worse than that time BOM shut down in 2014 for a few days and everyone thought it was gone for good. 

:sadno:  We only get inflation adjusted and ticket (guesses) for the top 200 Domestic

Losing all the franchise, studio, director, actor etc B.O. charts is horrible

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Blanks started a thread on all of this:

Format had to change as they were using so old version of software that it was a security risk. But Imdb does not care much at this point. Traffic to Mojo has fallen big since the time Brandon/Sean owned it. Plus there is no community engagement at Mojo or IMDB post forums beings removed. At IMDB will stay relevant bcos its the go to site for checking about movies(minus BO). Mojo can be superseded by some other site though there are no perfect alternatives(BO.com or Numbers have their own issues).

23 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

The Rise of Skywalker Thursday Night Showings Denver

AMC Westminster 24

Total 1386 3153

AMC Highlands Ranch 24

Total 1634 4170

SEATS SOLD SOLD PAST 17 HOURS TOTAL SEATS PERCENT SOLD THEATERS  SHOWINGS
6477 925 20329 31.86% 9 166

After 22 hours, it is at about 85% of The Lion King's final total.

The Rise of Skywalker Thursday Night Showings Denver

AMC Westminster 24

Total 1425 3153

AMC Highlands Ranch 24

Total 1498 3926

SEATS SOLD SOLD TODAY TOTAL SEATS PERCENT SOLD THEATERS  SHOWINGS
6658 539 22323 29.83% 9 176

Showings added: 13

Seats added: 2352

I removed showings that I suspect were glitched sellouts, which amounted to 358 sold/total seats and 3 showtimes lost. But still an overall increase. It is now about 88% of the Lion King's final total.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Salt Lake City TROS update, Cinemark Sugarhouse.

Preview night 

8 showtimes, including two private events.

468/545 85.8%

96.3% of TLK near final total

Friday 

12 showtimes, including two private events.

507/959 52.9%

Preview night has pretty much maxed out at this point, due to lack of seats. It's not hard to imagine a scenario where come December 19th, virtually the whole theater is showing TROS. Kicking myself because if I had started tracking a few weeks sooner I'd have an End Game comp, but this will be my gold standard going forward for mega-blockbusters.

The Friday numbers would be sensational for two days out, much less two months.

Excited to see where this winds up! 🚀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

Surprised Fandango hasn't come out with some record breaking news for Star Wars already

I just want to know if the 24 hour number was O/U TLJ.   

Oh, and some 24 hour trailer metrics would be neat too, for all they're worth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I just want to know if the 24 hour number was O/U TLJ.   

Oh, and some 24 hour trailer metrics would be neat too, for all they're worth.

I don't think the trailer views will be released. Too low to make a good headline unless. Agree on the TLJ number though.

9 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't think the trailer views will be released. Too low to make a good headline unless. Agree on the TLJ number though.

Yeah Disney didn't announce anything for the teaser I doubt the main trailer was that much more noteworthy. Not that it matters too much for the BO as Star Wars appeals to an older demo.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-first-day-pre-sales-2nd-best-for-atom-tickets-1202766729/

Fandango reports that in the opening hours of Disney’s Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker going on sale, the pic sold more tickets than any other Star Wars movie on Fandango, surpassing Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

"in the opening hours" at least compares TFA and TLJ as like for like as they were released more or less at the same time.  Still hella weasily words though.

TFA was marred by crashes left and right, but by TLJ that was mostly fixed.

Still isn't giving us a 24 hour metric but I suspect it's right around TLJ level, plus or minus.  Which is fine by me.  Now we see where it goes from here

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

"in the opening hours" at least compares TFA and TLJ as like for like as they were released more or less at the same time.  Still hella weasily words though.

TFA was marred by crashes left and right, but by TLJ that was mostly fixed.

Still isn't giving us a 24 hour metric but I suspect it's right around TLJ level, plus or minus.  Which is fine by me.  Now we see where it goes from here

Yeah that’s pretty vague, which is really annoying. Wish they’d give more concrete data

• Like 1

Given we don't have theatre counts on BOM now for openers (at least BEFORE the weekend), anyone have an idea how many theatres The Lighthouse will be expanding into? It was supposed to go wide this weekend right?