CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

I knew this was gonna be a huge real Friday number when I took the family to a 12:30 in the afternoon showing on a Friday and the place was packed in a small town in Georgia. I mean it is a 7 screen cinema and they had 11:30, 12:00, and 12:30 show times. Normally the parking lot is like 20% full and we had a hard time finding a parking spot (because of all the people who I presume were packing the 11:30 and 12:00 shows too). 

• Like 4

So the movie just ended. I liked it. I'll probably give it a 7.5-8/10 for now. My audience was dead silent though at the end. They were engaged throughout the film though but were dead silent at the end. Don't know what that means lol 

• Like 3

Just now, GirafficPark said:

Come on, beat the OW record. If I was American I would help as many times as possible. The more TFA records beaten the better in my view.

lesser of two evils

s-l300.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GirafficPark said:

Come on, beat the OW record. If I was American I would help as many times as possible. The more TFA records beaten the better in my view.

LOL. Force Awakens probably would have opened close to $300m in the summer. Bigger opening, weaker legs for summer movies. Smaller opening, much better legs for December movies. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, baumer said:

Sorry but you're going to have to find proof for this. I don't recall anybody at this site saying nobody would want to see the final Avengers movie where all them come together for one cause. In fact I think most people are predicting a high opening weekend for this movie

lol.... I didn’t literally mean “nobody” (should of used another word) but some were skeptical and thought it would drop from CW, not AOU. CW’s performance really skewed some people’s opinion on IW’s potential.  

Edited by ProtoMan

We could have seen upto 800 mill OW WW if China and Russia opend also..

1,6B is locked and 2B could happen

Ofcourse this is frontloaded but WOM really should help these repeat viewings and late legs could be great. 

I strongly feel a 50%~ish drop next weekend commeth

• Like 1

Just now, fmpro said:

We could have seen upto 800 mill OW WW if China and Russia opend also..

1,6B is locked and 2B could happen

Ofcourse this is frontloaded but WOM really should help these repeat viewings and late legs could be great. 

I strongly feel a 50%~ish drop next weekend commeth

1.6 bill is pretty low at this point. with a 400mil OS weekend and 250mil dom it'll be at 650mil after a single weekend. Even with sub 2.0 legs all over the world it'll get to 1.3 billion without Russia or China.

Good timing on that account sale. When I ran out of reacts at 11AM with a dozen pages to go, I knew what had to be done.   

Edit: My screen is so wide now it’s disorienting. Almost want the ads back :jeb!:

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

1.6 bill is pretty low at this point. with a 400mil OS weekend and 250mil dom it'll be at 650mil after a single weekend. Even with sub 2.0 legs all over the world it'll get to 1.3 billion without Russia or China.

Is it seriously on course for $400M OS this weekend???

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Is it seriously on course for $400M OS this weekend???

Should be close to it. 380-400M is the range, pretty much a monster in every single territory it opened up in including multiple records. This is without China and Russia so OS OW with them would have been approaching 600M, absolute madness.

• Like 2