CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

James Cameron sulking in the corner somewhere. @IronJimbo @JamesCameronScholar 

it would be hilarious if it gets a 3x and beats avatar right after cameron said he hopes theres avengers fatigue.  might be difficult with summer competition.  if this was a December Holiday release followed by zero competition in january, avatar would be toast.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

it would be hilarious if it gets a 2.5x and beats avatar right after cameron said he hopes theres avengers fatigue.  2.5x might be difficult with summer competition.  if this was a December Holiday release followed by zero competition in january, avatar would be toast.

I'm not sure how hilarious you would find it considering it needs 3x to beat Avatar.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

22 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

you can't be serious, it was super easy to follow

....not gonna post spoilers but I wasn't talking about following the plot.  I was talking about appreciating it...lots of scenes I wanted to rewatch to catch the details

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, Rumpot said:

....not gonna post spoilers but I wasn't talking about following the plot.  I was talking about appreciating it...lots of scenes I wanted to rewatch to catch the details

I'm not sure if that would be the same for the GA, maybe as a fan.

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Taruseth said:
1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $936,662,225 2015
2 Avatar Fox $760,507,625 2009^
3 Black Panther BV $688,009,489 2018
4 Titanic Par. $659,363,944 1997^
5 Jurassic World Uni. $652,270,625 2015
6 Marvel's The Avengers BV $623,357,910 2012
7 Star Wars: The Last Jedi BV $620,181,382 2017
8 The Dark Knight WB $534,858,444 2008^
9 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story BV $532,177,324 2016
10 Beauty and the Beast (2017) BV $504,014,165 2017
11 Finding Dory BV $486,295,561 2016

And in the Top Ten disney will need push out two of their own films before they can push one from another one out:hahaha:

Avengers 4, Aladdin, TLK next year might make more than 534M dom.

I dare to say Mary Poppins Returns and The Incredibles 2 this year stand a chance too.

(even Solo, but that's just in my wettest dreams apparently)

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Records are trash. Toast. Gone. Kevin Feige did it aGoddamngain :ohmygod:

Only thing that pisses me off is that the OS OW record wasn't broken due to China being MIA, but other than that, HOLY FUCKBALLS. The PTA record doesn't bother me since TFA played in 300 theaters less and had an inflated Sunday, so the fact that IW came close to that is insane enough on its own.

Oh, and with an 83M Saturday (Dear Gawd), 255+ is likelier than not. Let'see how close it gets to the unadjusted OW record.... IF it breaks that, 600M would be locked. But even if it falls short, JESUS CHRIST.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Monthly DOM April grosses stand at 977M:ohmygod: Even if Sunday isnt underestimated (it is), the extra day tomorrow will definetly make sure that we have the first ever 1 Billion April on our Hands, guys!

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

53 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

After being threadbanned since 12:46pm Friday over this historic weekend.  

This result was worth it.. 

I would argue this was easily the best attended weekend of all time for a movie here.

@baumer @DAJK

The Saturday Gross of IW iw a legendary gross. Unless I am mistaken IW sold for tickets  during day then any movie ever before in the modern box office.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1