Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

21 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Ocean's Twelve and Thirteen did 3.23 multi so it's not impossible for O8 to achieve it. 

not impossible, but preview era makes it much tougher.

• Like 1

Low-40s would be about what I expected for Ocean's 8. Let's see whether it can go higher.

The Hereditary number would be great. I hope it goes really high just to get my local theaters to actually book A24 films for a change.

40 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

On the low-end can see O8 missing 40

4 + 11 + 13.75 (+25%) + 10.35 (-25%) = 39.1 ow (15 od)

I agree...if this doesn't get above an $11M real Friday, it's gonna have a slog to $40M for its OW...here's hoping it turns out a better than expected evening crowd...

• Like 2

At the theater for Ocean’s 8 with Mom and Grandma. An older woman in front of me asked for “that Sandra Bullock movie” and the other older gentleman asked for “Ocean’s 11”. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 2

• Community Manager
Just now, captainwondyful said:

At the theater for Ocean’s 8 with Mom and Grandma. An older woman in front of me asked for “that Sandra Bullock movie” and the other older gentleman asked for “Ocean’s 11”. 

@WrathOfHan beware of Ocean's 8 appeal to old people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

39 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

@DAJK did your theater get Hereditary?

No :( I think it’s so we don’t get stuck in a 2 week contract since there’s going to need to be screen space for Incredibles

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mekanos said:

My feeling is O8 will open sub-40 but hopefully finds good legs and does well. I'm sick of these manchildren who try to bring down projects like this.

At the end of the day the general audience will decide. Wonder Woman was a hit, people saw it as a good movie, ghostbusters 2016 was a flop, people saw it as a bad movie. The internet warriors don’t really have that much power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

At the end of the day the general audience will decide. Wonder Woman was a hit, people saw it as a good movie, ghostbusters 2016 was a flop, people saw it as a bad movie. The internet warriors don’t really have that much power.

Ghostbusters got a 2.8x. Audiences definitely liked it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

This is what I am thinking but with China numbers, it will be around $1997 billion WW by next week. It will be very close.

I would worry more about OS numbers, SK drop of 83% from last week :( 

4 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I would worry more about OS numbers, SK drop of 83% from last week :( 

That’s because JurASSic WORld 2 broke OW record. What’s your analysis for WW total by next Sunday, and also next next Sunday?

Just warched Hereditary and I honestly don’t know if I liked it or if I hated it. I can understand why it has its lofty RT rating from critics. That being said, a horrific Cinemascore would not surprise me at all.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

That’s because JurASSic WORld 2 broke OW record. What’s your analysis for WW total by next Sunday, and also next next Sunday?

Well JW2 broke the OW record on wed, IW held 50% (because of holiday) on wed, but now it dropped extremely hard. In the rest of the world (were JW2 opened) it will drop hard. IW is in it's 7th weekend so it will lose a lot of screens everytime a big movie opens. I though it would do $1.997B by sunday, but I would subtract $2m from my china week est and add about 0.5m because DOM seems to be doing better than I expected. So that would make $1.9955B. Next week expect a big drop in china, JW2 opens, but a good hold OS and good drop DOM.

I personally don't understand why there would be any backlash against oceans 8. Part of the backlash against the female Ghostbusters was that that particular film ignored that Ghostbusters had existed in the past. It was a complete remake and that in my opinion was the problem. This is an oceans universe and it takes place in the same universe as obviously Sandra Bullock is George Clooney's sister. Oceans 8 will be just fine and I still think it will open close to 50 million.

• Like 7