WrathOfHan

Thanksgiving Weekend Thread: ESTIMATES (Page 40) | Ralph 55.7M (84.5M Total) | Creed II 35.3M (55.8M Total) | The Grinch 30.2M | Grindelwald 29.7M | Robin Hood 9.1M (14.2M Total) | AMAZING BLACK FRIDAY SALE

27 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The issue nowadays is that no one is reading critical reviews anymore. It's the RT number, not the average rating either just the number on the page which everything is being boiled down to. RT has accelerated the end of criticism as a serious field.

Even before RT most people just asked if it was Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down or how many stars. 

The difference is that they looked at a couple of critics instead of an aggregate of several hundred.

• Like 2

18m would be a massive OD for Ralph. 100 5 day and 300+ DOM are in play. The difference between the first's gross and this one really highlights the prestige and brand name power WDAS has built for themselves over the course of this decade. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 4

Wreck it Ralph smashing. Disney keeps winning somehow they always stay there. Sucks that my shitty country won’t release until February. 

Also why on earth did they release another Robin Hood movie. Did they honestly think it was going to do well? No one wants it. 

Edited by GraceRandolph

55 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

18m would be a massive OD for Ralph. 100 5 day and 300+ DOM are in play. The difference between the first's gross and this one really highlights the prestige and brand name power WDAS has built for themselves over the course of this decade. 

I agree.

This ‘Revival’ era of WDAS has been a bigger success than Disney’s famed ‘Renaissance’ period in the 90’s. Which is crazy to think when comparing how low the Disney Animation brand became in the mid to late 00’s.

The trend will easily continue next year with Frozen 2, marking 2010-2019 10 years of back-to-back solid animated hits with no signs of slowing down.

So happy to see Disney Animation reputation back on top where they belong.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, a2k said:

Venom2 and Spider-verse2 :)

Guessing Venom sticks to Oct and Spider-verse shuffles between Holidays to Summer like studios did with Potter, Twilight, Incredibles, Nemo-Dory, Toy Story, etc.

It's probably Morbius since it'd be too tight to get an animated film ready in 18 months. 

Ralph Breaks the Internet is actually the first successful WDAS sequel, Fantasia 2000 and Rescuers Down Under were both flops so Ralph has managed to break that curse. I do wonder if Disney will consider Zootopia 2? 

Robin Hood bombing to no one's surprise, this is one character that needs to be rested for at least a decade, maybe two.

I'll be curious to see if Creed II increases OS, Creed 1 did $63m OS so I think there is a chance it can improve.

Edited by Jonwo

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's probably Morbius since it'd be too tight to get an animated film ready in 18 months. 

Ralph Breaks the Internet is actually the first successful WDAS sequel, Fantasia 2000 and Rescuers Down Under were both flops so Ralph has managed to break that curse. I do wonder if Disney will consider Zootopia 2? 

I think they will. All that China money is too tempting to not to do it. 

31 minutes ago, NYer4Life said:

I agree.

This ‘Revival’ era of WDAS has been a bigger success than Disney’s famed ‘Renaissance’ period in the 90’s. Which is crazy to think when comparing how low the Disney Animation brand became in the mid to late 00’s.

The trend will easily continue next year with Frozen 2, marking 2010-2019 10 years of back-to-back solid animated hits with no signs of slowing down.

So happy to see Disney Animation reputation back on top where they belong.

Bolt and Meet the Robinsons were both really good though..... :whosad:

1 hour ago, NYer4Life said:

Will have to see, Disney Renaissance is still to this day printing them a lot of money (the actual title and all the activity around them) but the "live action" remake making billions:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leeseymour/2017/12/18/the-lion-king-is-making-more-money-for-disney-than-star-wars/#75b0174a1ff0

WIll have to wait some decades, before calling it a bigger success.

But that WDAS revival that came with buying Pixar and making Pixar mentality / talent take control of Disney is what making Pixar price tag look really good for them.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

Ralph Breaks the Internet is surprisingly kind of great?  It’s got a lot of heart and it’s genuinely hilarious.  It’s also a lot more focused than the trailer led me to believe, and most of the product placement was integrated pretty naturally (except for the Disney scene which was as obnoxious as I anticipated, but it’s a relatively small portion of the movie)

• Like 2