MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

On 8/28/2021 at 11:54 PM, Eric Robitaille said:

Having seen it, Campea is way too easy to please lol

(for the record, I liked the movie)

Campea always say he saw this movie how many times, he saw that how many times, make me wonder just how many hours he has in his world.

50 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Campea always say he saw this movie how many times, he saw that how many times, make me wonder just how many hours he has in his world.

He adds absolutely nothing to the discourse. I mean by default he's a step up over Trace Dandruff, but #LowBar

On 8/28/2021 at 3:18 PM, VenomXXR said:
Grain of salt because it's just one opinion but John Campea has seen Shang Chi twice and starts this video by saying, "This is a top 5 MCU movie of all-time and might be a top 5 comic book movie of all-time."

I would have never imagined anyone would think that of this film, but it certainly has my interest peaked....

Remember when this guy cried because RPatz said he didn't feel like working out to play Batman?

He belongs in the same garbage heap as G**** R*****ph imo.

• Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, AJG said:

Remember when this guy cried because RPatz said he didn't feel like working out to play Batman?

He belongs in the same garbage heap as G**** R*****ph imo.

Can I just say that your new avatar is exquisite lmfao

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

So the two other big recent theatrical exclusives, Free Guy and Candyman, both overdid their tracking. Think this may continue that streak?

I feel like every big theatrically exclusive summer release overperformed tracking? Maybe not Escape Room (though, that's not big) and Snake Eyes but the writing was on the wall for that (Old overperformed same weekend). 

F9 hit 70, Free Guy went high-20s with strong holds, Quiet Place was one of summer's biggest films. 

And honestly, even many of the streaming films overdid tracking--Space Jam, Jungle Cruise, Conjuring 2. Only truly Suicide Squad and In the Heights died but we knew here the outlook wasn't strong.

This all portends a good opening for Shang-Chi. And it has benefit of MCU brand. I'm not going to underestimate this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

So the two other big recent theatrical exclusives, Free Guy and Candyman, both overdid their tracking. Think this may continue that streak?

Maybe, but still...the difference is Shang Chi cost a hell of  a lot more then either of above two  movies.

And as for the Dragon in the movie: Fin Fang Foom I presume?

Edited by dudalb

7 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Rather he likes different things.  For ages he had Thor as his favorite MCU movie and he thinks MOS is a masterpiece.  To each their own.

I think if your POV is so contrarian, you shouldn't be a film critic.

People need a reliable litmus test to figure out if they'll like a film. If your opinion is unrelatable then you're useless as a food taster. You're basically going to highly recommend "poisonous food".

39 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think if your POV is so contrarian, you shouldn't be a film critic.

People need a reliable litmus test to figure out if they'll like a film. If your opinion is unrelatable then you're useless as a food taster. You're basically going to highly recommend "poisonous food".

Liking something MORE, it's not being contrarian, he is an action guy, he loved MOS because the action, so it makes sense he liked Shang Chi as well because of it.

It's not like he goes to trash the popular films or overpraise every trash movie.

It's not the first or last ""critic""" to be like that, I argue most of them are like that.

• Like 1