Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

4 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I'm going to say this isn't the final trailer. I think there will be one more whenever a release date is finalized. Be it a month from now or half a year from now.

You're right because WB usually names the final trailer as final trailer (instead of trailer 2 or 3 like other studios do) but have just named this one new trailer so there's likely another trailer.

• Like 1

Footage is good but something about that trailer was, how do I frame this delicately.....bad? That was not a good trailer at all. Made it look like a boring spy flick. That shit had Bourne Legacy energy.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah the lack of a date is conspicuous.

It's not. The date is in the description/on the site.

They most likely didn't include it in the trailer to give themselves leeway if it needs to be pushed/delayed.

• Like 1

So, does this take place in the same universe as Inception? I think it does.

Also, WB seems to be allowing the possibility of delaying this film without having to announce right now whether they are delaying it or not

Edited by CloneWars

5 minutes ago, Amorphous said:

It's not. The date is in the description/on the site.

They most likely didn't include it in the trailer to give themselves leeway if it needs to be pushed/delayed.

Six of one half dozen of the other. If they're giving room for cover at this point it's likely they'll choose to delay

15 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Six of one half dozen of the other. If they're giving room for cover at this point it's likely they'll choose to delay

In that case, today would have been the perfect time to announce a delay date (August), no?

57 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Hearing these garbage takes that Nolan wants to release Tenet in July so that he can make a lot of money from his 20% gross participation deal. Ah yes, releasing the film in a spot where the movie would make less money is how Nolan's gonna make millions. Film twitter is the worst.

Does Film Twitter hate Nolan? I’m not entirely sure.

This does look rather...plain...by Nolan standards (although I like that Pattinson appears to be bringing that eccentric The King energy back for this heh) but they're probably keeping things under wraps as much as they can. Still looking forward to seeing this in July or whenever it opens.

Honestly, I think it's a better '3rd' trailer than Interstellar and Dunkirk. Chalk it up potentially to editing but it seems there's more energy in the action with his direction here and it seems the protagonists are going to be less morose than usual which I feel is a good thing. My main concern with cast is if Debicki is stuck in a thankless role but the trailers seem to be quite coy about her role in all this.

The main drawback to me, is that this is not new ground for Nolan. Which to be fair, he tried doing some different things for himself with his previous two films, he earns the right to draw back from the well to replenish the tank.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, Amorphous said:

In that case, today would have been the perfect time to announce a delay date (August), no?

It's looking likely they'll delay, they just may not have a date yet. I could also see them trying to bump back Dune instead of Wonder Woman.

Sadly, it is a weak trailer for me. It needed either some beautiful money shots, or some resonant character moments. It didn't deliver on either, and that last bit didn't land. 

Since the film is being positioned as the return of cinema, I was hoping this trailer would really show us why we ought to be excited for this movie.

Peace,

Mike

Wow. Judging from the reactions here vs. Twitter and YouTube, it’s totally different. Then again, that’s always the case with this forum. As they say, film is subjective.

I absolutely love the trailer from the music to the cast to the concept, and to the glimpse of action that we got. I’m very happy they didn’t show too much of the action(which if that was the case, people would be complaining about showing too much). Why would you want them to give it away in the trailer so you won’t be surprised in the theatres?

Anyway I’m very excited for this and can’t wait to see it whenever it comes out.

As for my prediction of where it’ll rank box office wise. I think it will make between Inception and Interstellar. I just think the film will have a slow burn because of covid-19, but it keeps going and going and going.

• Like 2