Eric Prime

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

24 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

That's rich coming from you Mr. $30-60m.  Way to give yourself PLENTY of room, lol.

Also, I guess I have to start bugging you more about our bet.  I let you have time to mourn, but you should just honor it and move on.

Pm me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, DeeCee said:

The weekend’s almost over. I’m about to arrive at work on Monday morning. 

Game over, man. Game over!

you did a great job, altho i kinda missed the chaos and fun of other long forgotten weekends

Huge fuckin' numbers.

I'm not gonna go over my opinion of the film again (apart from saying that it's actually making me appreciate Man Of Steel, a film which imo suffers from some similar issues, better in hindsight). But, the fact that this film, based on a totally new character and sold with the admitedly cool hooks of 1st MCU female solo lead + Endgame bridge, opened higher than The Hunger Games and had a bigger WW OW than BVS is mental to think about. Godfuckingdamn. Clearly I am in the minority, a lot of people seemed to love it, and that's cool. It'll hit a billion with these numbers almost assuredly, and may come close to or cross 400M DOM as well.

This, Black Panther and Aquaman prove that it's no longer just the team-ups that can billie themselves - now, even the solos can consistently do it, and not just once in a blue moon, like The Dark Knight, TDKR and Iron Man 3. Hell, the fact that Venom and Deadpool 2 circumsized the 800M mark (got close to it or beat it.... even if DP2 needed the Christmas PG-13 cut boost to get there), and Incredibles 2 blew the doors out of the fucking arena and didn't come that far behind Frozen, proves that superhero fatigue is a fatigued out concept, and that these superhero films might as well be the biggest film media commodity around.

Dear God, what the fuck will Endgame do. I'm gonna try not to be disappointed if it doesn't match Infinity War, because that's a tough bar to beat (to say the least), but if Captain fucking Marvel can do this and it wasn't really the same kind of event that Black Panther was,.... Jesus Christ. Also Spider-Man has 900/1B potential, and I hope Shazam can at least make MOS/JL numbers too.

• Astonished 1

23 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Still haven't see a mega budget film like Alita do less than 100mil domestic and get a sequel despite grossing 400mil worldwide. The Mummy, Warcraft and Terminator Genisys didn't get sequels. Only Pacific Rim got a sequel and that sequel flopped and didn't break out in China like many claimed that it would. Heck, Tron Legacy isn't getting a sequel anytime soon either. What I'm saying is that I don't see Alita getting a sequel. 

*bangs fists on table in rhythm

Animated show! Animated show! Animated show! Animated Show! Animated Show!

(I won't hold my breath on a sequel until someone at Fox or Cameron or Rodriguez give us an update on the status regarding one. But I sure as hell would want to see an anime adaptation)

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Huge fuckin' numbers.

I'm not gonna go over my opinion of the film again (apart from saying that it's actually making me appreciate Man Of Steel, a film which imo suffers from some similar issues, better in hindsight). But, the fact that this film, based on a totally new character and sold with the admitedly cool hooks of 1st MCU female solo lead + Endgame bridge, opened higher than The Hunger Games and had a bigger WW OW than BVS is mental to think about. Godfuckingdamn. Clearly I am in the minority, a lot of people seemed to love it, and that's cool. It'll hit a billion with these numbers almost assuredly, and may come close to or cross 400M DOM as well.

This, Black Panther and Aquaman prove that it's no longer just the team-ups that can billie themselves - now, even the solos can consistently do it, and not just once in a blue moon, like The Dark Knight, TDKR and Iron Man 3. Hell, the fact that Venom and Deadpool 2 circumsized the 800M mark (got close to it or beat it.... even if DP2 needed the Christmas PG-13 cut boost to get there), and Incredibles 2 blew the doors out of the fucking arena and didn't come that far behind Frozen, proves that superhero fatigue is a fatigued out concept, and that these superhero films might as well be the biggest film media commodity around.

Dear God, what the fuck will Endgame do. I'm gonna try not to be disappointed if it doesn't match Infinity War, because that's a tough bar to beat (to say the least), but if Captain fucking Marvel can do this and it wasn't really the same kind of event that Black Panther was,.... Jesus Christ. Also Spider-Man has 900/1B potential, and I hope Shazam can at least make MOS/JL numbers too.

endgame will crush this forum especially if its bigger than iw

25 minutes ago, Nova said:

A man helped direct it so that’s why it got saved :ph34r:

Is he the guy that sat next to Anna Boden all press tour and didn't say two words?  

:hahaha:

22 minutes ago, Nova said:

@captainwondyful coincidence? I think not. 

:Gaga:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Is he the guy that sat next to Anna Boden all press tour and didn't say two words?  

:hahaha:

:Gaga:

1) that's not true at all

2) Just because a director is a bit shy in public that means he didn''t direct it? Hope you're joking.

I bet Sia doesn't even sing her own songs....

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Did the male director ever speak? It seemed like he didn't and I did find that to be hilarious.

They were being interviewed on radio show I was listening to earlier and they both seemed quite talkative. I have not seen or heard any other interviews with them.

It may be just the American media that wishes to portray this female empowerment so they don't have the male speak to give the impression the woman was solely responsible for directing the film and not given Ryan Fleck any credit.

Edited by Avatree
  • Knock It Off 1