Eric S'ennui

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

SE Georgia(USA) 12 Screen Cinema

2D Recliner Seats

6:00- 130/130 (SOLD OUT)
6:15- 68/68 (SOLD OUT)
6:30- 100/100 (SOLD OUT)
6:45- 55/55  (SOLD OUT)
7:30- 130/130 (SOLD OUT)
8:00- 86/86 (SOLD OUT)
9:30- 62/62 (SOLD OUT)
10:00- 130/130 (SOLD OUT) 
10:15- 68/68 (SOLD OUT)
10:30- 100/100 (SOLD OUT)
10:45- 55/55 (SOLD OUT)

GTX (Main Screen)
5:00 270/270 (SOLD OUT)
9:00 270/270 (SOLD OUT)

2D Non-Recliner
7:00 120/120 (SOLD OUT)
7:30 90/90 (SOLD OUT)
11:00 120/120 (SOLD OUT)

HOLY SH!T. Gonna be a lot of sad walkups. EVERYTHING IS SOLD OUT.

Last update. My showing at this theater starts in 1:55, minutes and I have to drive 40 min to get there wish me luck!

• Like 1
  • Astonished 6

21 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I'd be interested to know what theater, because mine is already over 50% sold for Sunday and many of the ones we track are north of that. 

Yeah, I don’t believe that anon’s nonsense one bit. I’ve seen numerous theaters around the OKC area where I live running way higher for Endgame’s Sunday over Infinity War’s first Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Are you talking about Frozen II? Is Elsa some kind of Avenger now?

Imagine Disney making interconnected movies from Pixar, WDAS, Star Wars and MCU..... OW - 2B atleast 😎

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Do you really need all day to prep for GOT?

yes in case it leaks early so I can click before it's taken down. also, I like to rewatch favorite parts of the show and previous episodes in the new season.

@NCsoft GoT is a big event and Sunday episode is an EVENT. that's why I'm seeing EG today and on Saturday. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I have not really seen a GOT effect really here in Canada 

however i remember RTH saying during Ultron that the Boxing fight caused no negative effect in Canada for Saturday. 

so... 😶

It could also be an isolated case - he wouldn't tell me if he's basing that on his own theater or on company information available to him. But I figured it was worth mentioning before the fun starts in a couple hours!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

GoT effect by the look of it. I also saved Sunday for all day GoT prep.

What sort of prep takes a whole day? Are you staging the Red Wedding in your living room or something? :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Nero said:

Imagine Disney making interconnected movies from Pixar, WDAS, Star Wars and MCU..... OW - 2B atleast 😎

This was literally my theory for why Toy Story 4 was happening...

Include Marvel toys ✔️

Include Frozen toys ✔️

Include Star Wars toys ✔️

Include Incredibles toys ✔️

Include Avatar toys ✔️

Include Princess toys ✔️

Include Harry Potter toys ✔️

Literally so many franchises into one is guaranteed box office success... right?

• Astonished 2

Just now, Stewart said:

This was literally my theory for why Toy Story 4 was happening...

Include Marvel toys ✔️

Include Frozen toys ✔️

Include Star Wars toys ✔️

Include Incredibles toys ✔️

Include Avatar toys ✔️

Include Princess toys ✔️

Include Harry Potter toys ✔️

Literally so many franchises into one is guaranteed box office success... right?

Who cares about the movies gross it'll make a ton off toy sales.

27 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

MCU is the most successful film franchise ever (if it counts as one singular franchise), and pushed in a new era of "shared Universes", accumulated a massive fan-base over 11 years and changed the commercial blockbuster landscape (for the worse, I'd argue), its accomplishment speaks for itself.

Avatar is the definitive film in this century that pushed industry technology forward in terms of 3D, performance capture, and CGI quality, it's the biggest film of the 2000s decade, and one of the most impressive global box office run ever (following Titanic), and the current highest grossing film of all time. Its accomplishment also speaks for itself.

I see no contradictions and I don't see how BP is relevant at all.

the fact that the other studios failed does not make MCUs legacy “bad”. It’s like saying “X movie  had so many rip offs .. they all sucked, wow it really changed the industry for the worse”.  MCU is good and successful that’s all that matters. 

Black panther is relevant  because it will be remembered for a very long time. It had huge impact.  Hollywood never thought that a black cast blockbuster could be successful. It changed the entire landscape of Hollywood

Edited by HeadShot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Who cares about the movies gross it'll make a ton off toy sales.

that's why those toy producers then bought Marvel, they saw the Marvel Studio 'thing' as advertising that might even make money instead of having to pay for advertisement.... in a way

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

I said unlimited money that looks like pocket change 😉

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

That looks like Chris Tucker aka take all money for infinite time 👀

@aabattery any help ? Looks like Mr. Pink has run out of resources... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yeah, it is the same. Staggered release with too many stupid numbers from Asia and Europe has broken me. DOM will come in at 310 and I’ll shrug :(     

Seeing movie in 5 hours though, maybe that will reinvigorate me.

I think both of you are significantly sleep deprived, thus severely affecting  restoration of dopamine which is already much depleted due to intense excitement in past few days.

Hear me buddies, go get some good quality sleep before you go see Endgame, otherwise one of the pinnacles of blockbuster movies might even turn out meh for you.

• Like 1

Film Distributor 3-Day Weekend Forecast Projected Domestic Total through Sunday, April 28 % Change from Last Wknd
Avengers: Endgame Disney / Marvel

$301,000,000

($280,000,000 – $320,000,000 ranged forecast)

$301,000,000

($280,000,000 – $320,000,000 ranged forecast)

NEW
The Curse of La Llorona Warner Bros. / New Line $8,300,000 $42,700,000 -69%
Captain Marvel Disney / Marvel $8,000,000 $412,800,000 -12%
Breakthrough Fox $6,800,000 $27,100,000 -40%
Shazam! Warner Bros. $6,400,000 $132,400,000 -61%
Dumbo Disney $4,600,000 $108,400,000 -30%
Little Universal $4,300,000 $37,200,000 -48%
Missing Link United Artists Releasing $2,000,000 $16,600,000 -52%
Pet Sematary (2019) Paramount $1,700,000 $53,100,000 -65%
Penguins Disney / Disneynature $1,900,000 $6,600,000 -15%
Edited by sfran43
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 7

GOT will definitely affect the Sunday numbers. The episode is 72 minutes long. Don’t think the average person is willing to watch that + 3 hours of end game in one day. Warner Bros. is doing everything in their power to sabotage EG. First GOT and then DP. It’s obvious! 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1