sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Russo brother did great with both finale avengers, (Winter Soldier in particular) but they are no way near the legendary director like martin scorsese,  hitchcock, nolan, tarantino, fellini, ang lee, clint eastwood, steven spildberg hayao miyazaki, akira, coen brothers and of course james cameron.

All those director carry a standalone film themselves.

Russo brother would need  to prove it with their solo, standalone critical and commercial success outside of marvel brand to show they earned it , IW and EG back to back success should be viewed as more like a Marvel Studio success.  

I actually agree with this statement. If that's the case then you should add Ryan coogler to the list since he made history with Black Panther.I wonder what the Russo brothers would do next because I remember their very first film you, me and Dupree which is nothing to remember. I like to see a drama from them.

Edited by Curtis1986
  • Thanks 1

Only $700k missing for OS $700m (someone asked if it will 'even' reach $700m early into the weekendthread or was it in OS or..?)

Highly doubting it will miss it 😉

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $420,768,018    37.6%
Foreign:  $699,300,000    62.4%

Worldwide:  $1,120,068,018  
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Russo brother did great with both finale avengers, (Winter Soldier in particular) but they are no way near the legendary director like martin scorsese,  hitchcock, nolan, tarantino, fellini, ang lee, clint eastwood, steven spildberg hayao miyazaki, akira, coen brothers and of course james cameron.

All those director carry a standalone film themselves.

Russo brother would need  to prove it with their solo, standalone critical and commercial success outside of marvel brand to show they earned it , IW and EG back to back success should be viewed as more like a Marvel Studio success.  

I thought that we were discussing box office. What do random directors from completely different eras have to do with anything ?

Congrats to End Game for passing Titanic,  End Game is a great movie and deserves accolades.   On inflation,  it's not discussed much anymore.  In the grand scheme what Titanic did is far more impressive obviously but I'm not sure most people even understand what inflation is.   Education in this country is at an all-time low.  We are in a meme culture,  you can throw out sensible discourse. 

Looks like TFA will still reign supreme domestically. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 10

22 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

He isn't known to be negative.
He is a quite humble individual.....

Nope. He has a passive aggressive attitude on huge grossing SH movies like Avengers, GotG, WW, and Aquaman.

Total Lifetime Grosses

Just passed Return of the King. And it's so close to 700m overseas. 

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Only $700k missing for OS $700m (someone asked if it will 'even' reach $700m early into the weekendthread or was it in OS or..?)

Highly doubting it will miss it 😉

Total Lifetime Grosses

Marvel and their precious sevens

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Congrats to End Game for passing Titanic,  End Game is a great movie and deserves accolades.   On inflation,  it's not discussed much anymore.  In the grand scheme what Titanic did is far more impressive obviously but I'm not sure most people even understand what inflation is.   Education in this country is at an all-time low.  We are in a meme culture,  you can throw out sensible discourse. 

Looks like TFA will still reign supreme domestically. 

Inflation is not the only factor when comparing two movies over two decades apart. 

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Nope. He has a passive aggressive attitude on huge grossing SH movies like Avengers, GotG, WW, and Aquaman.

I just looked up what he said about GOTG. I think its just headlines making news. He did not criticise GOTG.

We can see the market drives us to a sort of science fiction now that's either completely escapist and doesn’t require a technical consultant — an example of that would be ‘Guardians of the Galaxy.’ It’s just fun,”