grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2019 | The forums can eat shit

Spoiler

JOHN WICK CHAPTER 3 – PARABELLUM

7177WCHzlgL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Keanu kills a bunch of people in highly stylized surroundings, do we need to know more?

tenor.gif?itemid=10087377%5C

USER REVIEWS

John Wick 3 is gold standard action movie! Amazing action scenes filled with lots of whistle-worthy moments. 9.5/10

Eagerly waiting for more from this series.

@John Rambo

Every time one of Hallie Berry’s dogs bit off some guys’ dick, an angel got her wings. 

10/10

@Cap

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Kind of low for this one, for me but glad it's on the list

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm really surprised this was so low. I thought a lot of people on this forum loved and saw this.

Spoiler

AD ASTRA

71++HY7GoqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

USER REVIEWS:

Friendship ended with Stanley Kubrick. Now James Gray is my best friend. @CoolioD1

This was an interesting one. I've been thinking about it a bit since I watched it last week, and the more I think about it the more I think I like it. Because I'll be honest, it tested my patience. I try having a good attention span with these kinda movies but I did a fair amount of boredom-squirming in my seat. But like I said, it stuck with me. And what I really liked was it feels like a truly epic journey. That's what I liked most about The Lost City of Z as well (which I liked better overall, more entertaining and I got onboard with it much quicker). I didn't have any problem with the gaps of logic that I've seen others bring up, because they add to the surreal and dreamlike nature of the adventure. Same with the killer baboon, it was another bizarre event in a series of them that helped make the journey feel epic. I thought it was a great scene to have in the movie.

The voiceover was a bit of a mixed bag. Sometimes I thought it worked perfectly and helped me understand Pitt's character, other times it made the movie feel more dragass (and pretentious). We get it Apocalypse Now, you're losing your marbles will you get to Tommy Lee Jones already?

Anyways I want to watch it again, which is about as good praise I can give to a movie I was initially iffy on. @MOVIEGUY

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Spoiler

UNCUT GEMS

Uncut-Gems-1-e7b6.jpg?quality=90&strip=a

The reaction of most BOT Users that it made the list

InsignificantUntimelyBobolink-max-1mb.gi

source.gif

USER REVIEWS:

Excellent, don't need to say much more than that. Really hope it does well in wider release.

A

@GeneralKong

Intense movie led by a great performance by Sandler. Plays a great scumbag who you somehow end up rooting for. Kept me engaged till the end even though I knew the result of the Celtics-Sixers game. (made me think they would edit it or something but glad they kept the real thing in). Kevin Garnett was surprisingly good in this as well and solid showings from the rest of the cast.

Now I know why some of the general audience gave it such a low score. Has to be due to the ending but I thought it was fitting for his character. Howard wasn't going to change and would've ending up getting killed at some point anyways.

8.5/10 (A)

@EarlyDeadlinePredictions

• Like 10
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 2

121 to 140

121 Always Be My Maybe
122 Dragged Across Concrete
123 Queen and Slim
124 Happy Death Day 2u
125 Pet Sematary
126 Article 15
127 Lady and the tramp
128 Official Secrets
129 The Aeronauts
130 Lords of Chaos
131 Master Z: The Ip Man Legacy
132 One Child Nation
133 Shaft
134 Dumbo
135 Fiddler: A Miracle of Miracles
136 Abominable
137 First Purge
138 Fyre
139 Little Woods
140 Scary Stories to tell in the dark 
  • Like 6

Last one for today #16

Spoiler

BOOKSMART

booksmart-british-movie-poster.jpg?v=155

Olivia Wilde’s highly entertaining take on a Superbad-esque scenario. Kaitlyn Dever and Beanie Feldstein both gave really good performances right from the opening scene. My favorite performance was Billie Lourd as Gigi.

USER REVIEWS:

I can't remember the last time I laughed as hard during a movie as I did during the scene where the principal plays the phone audio through the car speakers. That was easily the funniest thing I have seen since Girls Trip.

The rest of the movie is very funny as the laughs are spread throughout. I highly recommend this film

Grade: A+ 10/10

@LonePirate

The best movie I've seen in the past 18 months. It starts as a broad comedy or satire but it becomes something else too. Full of interesting ideas and humanity.

A

@cannastop

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

AeyXjIB.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Uncut Gems finishing very low is very surprising. Although, I guess it might have something to do with it releasing internationally on the day of the deadline, so not everyone may have gotten a chance to see it. 

Yup that was the case with me. Wanted to see it on the last day when it came out on streaming but just didn't have the time as I squeezed in 2 movies on that day. 

35 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Awesome movie. Saw it right before I made my list. J-Lo should’ve gotten that Oscar nomination.