Eric Loves Rey

Super Bowl/Valentine's Weekend Thread | Nile 1.1M Previews, Marry Me 525K

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

That’s really sad if true :( I was speaking more about Neeson, but whatever works best for them I guess

Welllll, there is that story about Neeson being tagged for a The Naked Gun reboot.  In that Yahoo article I read a few days ago, even Neeson realizes his days as an action hero are very numbered (if not over).

Edited by Porthos

That ok magazine article seems very trashy to me so I don't buy it. An insider/source tells...click here to see more...nothing...I know why I despise these sites.

But when it comes to Blacklight, 225k with that few presales is almost suprisingly good. Still bad of course.
IMO Liam Neeson still has the charisma and is talented and I really hope he choses his roles (more) wisely in the future. I enjoyed a lot of his action films but it seems to me that too few people and studios pays attention that a good script is one of the most important things for the success of a film, if not the most important.

Edited by el sid

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

I enjoyed the hell out of The Ice Road, for some reason.  I quite enjoy Neeson’s lazy genre movies.  Give me half a dozen Ice Roads before him being in any Naked Gun reboot, christ! 

Ice Road 2: The Meltdown

Ice Road 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Wait.... there's TWO Liam Neeson movies with him playing an ice road trucker???

4 hours ago, wildphantom said:

I enjoyed the hell out of The Ice Road, for some reason.  I quite enjoy Neeson’s lazy genre movies.  Give me half a dozen Ice Roads before him being in any Naked Gun reboot, christ! 

Ice Road 2: The Meltdown

Ice Road 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Yeah tbh it's only the Taken sequels and now Blacklight that suck SUPER HARD. 

The rest of the Liam Neeson action stuff is fine-good, if disposable 

• Like 1

Hello I just want to remind everyone that it is the last day for you guys to send me in your list for the best ships!!!

I have nothing to add to the box office because all the drama is happening in figure skating right now 👀👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Caught a matinee showing of Nile today. Not great, not awful. A subplot involving Jennifer Saunders' character was the most interesting part of the film. Some of the green screening (of which there is a lot in the film) was pretty bad due to some unnatural depth perception. Given the film was delayed almost a year and a half from its original release, they should have cleaned up that stuff.

Personally, I think Liam Neeson and Bruce Willis are just run of the mill actors. The type of films they’re doing are the types of films they’ve always done. No shade intended. 

Is Die Hard really that different from what they’re starring in now? I don’t think it is. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Personally, I think Liam Neeson and Bruce Willis are just run of the mill actors. The type of films they’re doing are the types of films they’ve always done. No shade intended. 

Is Die Hard really that different from what they’re starring in now? I don’t think it is. 

I'm going to pretend that you're joking.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1