ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Mt Rushmore of Movie Villains:

Darth Vader, Joker, Hannibal Lecter,  Dinosaurs (Jurassic Series)

Yeah I know dinosaurs is kind of cheating but coming up with the last one was hard. :hahaha:

Are the dinosaurs really the villains though...

• Haha 1

I see this movie's main fanboy here has fallen back on the old 'If you did not like it, it is because you are too stupid to understand it" routine.

With a big topping of "How dare anybody not like something I like" shtick.

2 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I think it's because Lion king 2019 was a soulless remake. But creative decisions aside, I think the Lion King IP is so strong and will play crazy during Christmas. Sky is the limit if WOM is there 

Don’t You think Sonic may prevent it from being that big? Both will share basically same demographics. And the week before there’s LOTR animation. Until December 25 the only adult December release will be Kraven. I feel like it’s too much family movies releasing in December. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Quinn said:

Feel like it's sacrilegious to have a Movie Villain Mt. Rushmore and not have a Disney Villain in there. Just choose the one you like the most I guess.

I think Scar is the biggest even though Ursula is my personal favorite.

1 minute ago, leoh said:

Don’t You think Sonic may prevent it from being that big? Both will share basically same demographics. And the week before there’s LOTR animation. Until December 25 the only adult December release will be Kraven. I feel like it’s too much family movies releasing in December. 

That LOTR anime is gonna make Transformers One look like Inside Out 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, grey ghost said:

I think Scar is the biggest even though Ursula is my personal favorite.

This is why we are friends lol

Spoiler

Though I feel like Maleficent is the face of the whole Disney Villains franchise, so I'd say she deserves the Mount Rushmore ranking

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I think it's because Lion king 2019 was a soulless remake. But creative decisions aside, I think the Lion King IP is so strong and will play crazy during Christmas. Sky is the limit if WOM is there 

The lion king IP is strong because people like the story of the original movie and the songs (probably the most important factor here). They don’t care about the IP beyond that. Families are going to choose to watch Moana 2 for the 10th time or Sonic 3 instead of this over Christmas.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The lion king IP is strong because people like the story of the original movie and the songs (probably the most important factor here). They don’t care about the IP beyond that. Families are going to choose to watch Moana 2 for the 10th time or Sonic 3 instead of this over Christmas.

I mean I still think for better or worse the sole saving grace for Mufasa other than Christmas is I still think you have an easier time convincing grandma and grandpa to do Mufasa over Sonic and Mufasa likely doing a better job at attracting women. Moana will likely be $10m weekend range by then.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Darth Vader, Thanos, Voldemort, Sauron for me - but it’s kinda impossible with just 4 in all of history of cinema. 

This is a good list. Probably the 4 that would win a broad based poll on the matter

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Unbelievable. Never thought I would watch a movie due to toxic WOM yet here we are...

It can't be that bad

Ohh it is…

Just saw it in IMAX. First third was fine. But then it’s a repetitive slog. 

Gaga comes out unscathed, she was great for most of it. 

Joaquin Phoenix has a horrible singing voice, which made it worse. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

Makes it hard to decipher because of the holiday, but I would think that would still mean a mid-20s second weekend, right? Like following Paw Patrol 2's second weekend would give it around 28M, so knock it down a few pegs to like...24M?

• Like 1