Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

Well I didn't like the first 45 minutes all that much except for the little girl who I thought was awesome. But the rest of the movie which I guess would be the last hour and 15 minutes or so it's pretty damn awesome. It's up there with some of the best stuff Bay has done in the series. I was on the edge of my seat for the last part of the movie and I was full of emotion and I'm just simply in all of what Michael Bay can do at times.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Well I didn't like the first 45 minutes all that much except for the little girl who I thought was awesome. But the rest of the movie which I guess would be the last hour and 15 minutes or so it's pretty damn awesome. It's up there with some of the best stuff Bay has done in the series. I was on the edge of my seat for the last part of the movie and I was full of emotion and I'm just simply in all of what Michael Bay can do at times.

Good to hear.  This is one of a few franchises where I just can't pay attention to critics, unless they're named baumer.  So, I'll probably like this.  Don't judge me forum.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Would you say it's better than 4? If I remember right, you and I have similar taste when it comes to this series

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Unless you're a Disney, comicbook movie or Star Wars you're pretty much screwed at the box office. 

Disney- almost everythibg will work on box office. WDAS, MCU, live action remakes, pixar, star wars.

WB- DCEU, Harry potter universe, lego universe does fine, nolan, eastwood, and some small affairs. Conjuring universe, monster universe.

Universal- jurassic, f&f, pitch perfect and IMO best studio for mid budget films, blumhouse, rapper universe?, Illumination (their biggest IMO), DWA.

Sony- spiderman, and some mid/low budget movies here and there.

Fox- x-men, kingsmen, ridley scott, small budget movies. I does not think of including cameron as he does one or two films per decade.

Lionsgate- ?

Paramount- transformerS. MI

Edited by damnitgeorge08
  • Like 2

On 6/20/2017 at 2:04 PM, Cochofles said:

Reviews nowadays confuse me. Is the reviewer just being extra snarky when he uses "incomprehensible," or is the script really hard to follow? I have a problem believing that a film this expensive won't even adhere to the most rudimentary rules of storytelling. I am not talking about whether a script is deep and thought provoking; I am talking about basic narrative clarity. Whether it is Moonlight or Transformers, the plotline has to be easy to understand, right?

Believe it.  Nothing means anything in this movie.  Characters aren't people.  Scenes aren't composed.  Shots have no continuity or clarity against each other.  Theme is nonexistent.  More offensive stereotypes.  Transformers appear and disappear without any explanation: 

Spoiler

-- Baby Transformers come from where???

-- Evil Transformers are introduced in cameos with their names plastered on the screen like they're part of the Suicide Squad. 

-- "It's NEMESIS PRIME!" (to you, bitch.) 

The junkyard would have been perfect to introduce Wreck-gar, but of course not.  Megatron is angry (big surprise).    If you're a fan of the original TF animated film, the big reveal here will make you angry.  Plus, the whole movie is a tease for something that doesn't happen...but is teased even more immediately during the end credits...which last literally about two minutes.  This movie features a British PhD who dresses like a hooker (and gets called on it by "Cade Yaeger").  Hopkins' most embarassing performance ever.    Watanabe?  Really?  Goodman got paid to be annoying for the first time ever?  Random black dude in the movie because?  Teenage girl in the movie because?  John Tuturro literally phones. it. in.   Who is The Last Knight??  Why should we care?  This movie is definitely Bay being in on the whole joke of how shitty these movies really are, and how much he can get away with...and it's a lot.  The whole first hour could have been cut.  There's an interesting premise, but the movie is bupkiss.  Only TF2 is worse. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 11:04 AM, Cochofles said:

Reviews nowadays confuse me. Is the reviewer just being extra snarky when he uses "incomprehensible," or is the script really hard to follow? I have a problem believing that a film this expensive won't even adhere to the most rudimentary rules of storytelling. I am not talking about whether a script is deep and thought provoking; I am talking about basic narrative clarity. Whether it is Moonlight or Transformers, the plotline has to be easy to understand, right?

Having just watched the movie, I have to say "Believe it". To say the plot makes no sense would be to insinuate that there is something like a plot in the movie.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Believe it.  Nothing means anything in this movie.  Characters aren't people.  Scenes aren't composed.  Shots have no continuity or clarity against each other.  Theme is nonexistent.  More offensive stereotypes.  Transformers appear and disappear without any explanation: 

Hide contents

-- Baby Transformers come from where???

-- Evil Transformers are introduced in cameos with their names plastered on the screen like they're part of the Suicide Squad. 

-- "It's NEMESIS PRIME!" (to you, bitch.) 

The junkyard would have been perfect to introduce Wreck-gar, but of course not.  Megatron is angry (big surprise).    If you're a fan of the original TF animated film, the big reveal here will make you angry.  Plus, the whole movie is a tease for something that doesn't happen...but is teased even more immediately during the end credits...which last literally about two minutes.  This movie features a British PhD who dresses like a hooker (and gets called on it by "Cade Yaeger").  Hopkins' most embarassing performance ever.    Watanabe?  Really?  Goodman got paid to be annoying for the first time ever?  Random black dude in the movie because?  Teenage girl in the movie because?  John Tuturro literally phones. it. in.   Who is The Last Knight??  Why should we care?  This movie is definitely Bay being in on the whole joke of how shitty these movies really are, and how much he can get away with...and it's a lot.  The whole first hour could have been cut.  There's an interesting premise, but the movie is bupkiss.  Only TF2 is worse. 

So much facepalm in this movie. Plots are setup and forgotten completely. Characters disappear for hours at a time, and significant plot developments are forgotten.

John Turturro, Buster Bluth dude and Nicola Peltz literally phoning it in is hilarious.

WTF does Wahlberg's character even mean when he says "You got my message"? 

Spoiler

THERE WAS NO MESSAGE SENT AT ANY POINT IN THE MOVIE