A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

14 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Obviously Disney board is not reading BOT forums before making this critical decision. :sparta:

If Pixar is screwed then hopefully Docter and others move out and make movies elsewhere. 

I mean... I don't want to be here defending Chapek but I do think Pixar needs a creative shake-up. 

Something about Pixar doesn't feel right today. While their more adult skewd films was something for their benefit, I think today it's for their detriment. I don't think Pixar really understands it's audience anymore. A bit out of touch. 

Lightyear was a terrible idea and while I'm trying to be positive about it...Elemental is the movie that come out if Inside Out and Soul had a baby. And the themes sound very similar 

Edited by Juan Caballo
  • Like 2

I hang out on a handful of hardcore disney forums - They complain all the time about crowds and costs, but it pays off in the large segment of the population that doesn't know about the Parks as deeply and are happy to pay for Genie+ or 270$ a night at the All Stars.

I may not like his choices, but I didn't think Chapek was going anywhere soon. Now, might they dump him in this extended tenure? Sure, but even with his multiple missteps, he's still making money.

• Like 2

@EmpireCity should honestly sack his Disney source. Two strikes in a row.

Elemental is almost certainly going straight to Plus now. Chapek is probably going to want some vengeance for Pixar destroying his relationship with Florida. I feel for the animators working there today. Hopefully they come out of this alright.

5 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

@EmpireCity should honestly sack his Disney source. Two strikes in a row.

Elemental is almost certainly going straight to Plus now. Chapek is probably going to want some vengeance for Pixar destroying his relationship with Florida. I feel for the animators working there today. Hopefully they come out of this alright.

What the hell are you talking about?  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Dude, you need to chill the fuck out.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Juan Caballo said:

I mean... I don't want to be here defending Chapek but I do think Pixar needs a creative shake-up. 

Something about Pixar doesn't feel right today. While their more adult skewd films was something for their benefit, I think today it's for their detriment. I don't think Pixar really understands it's audience anymore. A bit out of touch. 

Lightyear was a terrible idea and while I'm trying to be positive about it...Elemental is the movie that come out if Inside Out and Soul had a baby. And the themes sound very similar 

A creative shake up could do Pixar the world of good, all animation studios go through that phase, Disney has had two periods of doldrums for example and they came back fighting. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 3:20 PM, Juan Caballo said:

Elemental might be going to that well once too often.

Pixar lost it's Rolls Royce image a long time ago.  Now it just another CGI animation company. It can still make excellent films, but they also make a lot of not so good stuff.

It is a lot easeir to maintain high qualitywhen you have one film a year then when you have a bigger output.

• Like 1

Unlike a lot of people, I don't think Pixar are doomed or in any danger and if WDAS can bounce back from lulls throughout its history then Pixar easily can. This is a company that has multiple billion dollars films, you don't get rid of your best asset because of one failure.

On 6/29/2022 at 8:34 AM, Jonwo said:

If only there was a triple like, I'd used it. The hyperbole is unreal, Pixar is not going to have all films go to Disney+, that's just stupid AF

This. However, without D+, nothing would go to D+. So D+ is a problem on larger scale. It forces Marvel to churn out more content than they really need. It's an easy way out of releases that studio isn't as confident in as in other projects. Etc.

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

This. However, without D+, nothing would go to D+. So D+ is a problem on larger scale. It forces Marvel to churn out more content than they really need. It's an easy way out of releases that studio isn't as confident in as in other projects. Etc.

“forces” is certainly an interpretation. Another is that with Disney checks, King Kevin for better or worse is getting to indulge his team’s whims and not bound to just movies.

I doubt Chapek put a metaphorical gun to their head. 

When did Maleficent 3 started happening? I doubt they’d do that given the lukewarm reception to Maleficent 2.

Also, i think it’s too early for Frozen 3. Maybe another 6 year gap so about 2025 release would be ideal.

I hope they announce Gigantic is back and running again tho.

3 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

When did Maleficent 3 started happening? I doubt they’d do that given the lukewarm reception to Maleficent 2.

Also, i think it’s too early for Frozen 3. Maybe another 6 year gap so about 2025 release would be ideal.

I hope they announce Gigantic is back and running again tho.

I think they have seen some art of Maleficent 3. I think they will announce it for 2024.

Regarding Frozen 3, I think it’s going to be either 2024 or 2025. They did announce on Disney Investor Day (on 2020) projects for 2023.