kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

30 minutes ago, Lucas said:

If live human dancing is the only point and there's nothing else worthwhile to it, then it's not worthwhile for them being cats to begin with.

It isn't. The musical doesn't make sense. They aren't really Cats, just sort of vaguely cat-ish in behaviour. Mostly they're basically just humans.

The musical is nonsense. But yes, it's a dance show, so ultimately in order for the film to make any kind of sense the Cats still had to have human physiology and expression.

I mean, if your point is "The musical is stupid" - well, yeah, the musical has always been stupid.

But this was what a movie version of it had to be. And they've got brass balls if nothing else.

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

I don't know exactly what some people wanted though.

Did you expect photorealistic Favreau-type Cats dancing like humans? I mean if people think this is terrifying, that would have been some Exorcist level business.

It was either make something like this; film the stage production - which they've already done; or just not make it - and not making things apparently isn't a thing that is an option any more.

And I, for one, am delighted this now exists. Seriously, imagine if this hadn't happened. What misery.

I mean alternatively they could have had them just in Cat onesies, but it hardly would have helped the dancing and I'm holding out on humans in animal onesies and theme park style facepaint for the Robin Hood live action. 

oh no, i think this is exactly what people wanted. i think the internet is clearly pretty delighted this exists too! look at how much fun everyone's having.

• Like 2

This all gives me life. Every. Damn. Bit.

You bet your ass I'm gonna smoke a big ass joint and have the time of my life on opening night.

I've never seen the musical or even know a thing about it, but I am so excited for this. It looks every bit of crazy and awful that I will totally enjoy.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

It isn't. The musical doesn't make sense. They aren't really Cats, just sort of vaguely cat-ish in behaviour. Mostly they're basically just humans.

The musical is nonsense. But yes, it's a dance show, so ultimately in order for the film to make any kind of sense the Cats still had to have human physiology and expression.

I mean, if your point is "The musical is stupid" - well, yeah, the musical has always been stupid.

But this was what a movie version of it had to be. And they've got brass balls if nothing else.

My point is, it's a freaky nightmare on screen that isn't pleasant to look at and does a massive disservice to all the hard work put into the choreography and production design. I don't know much about the musical in terms of story or anything, but couldn't they have been like... tiny humans? Or some crap that doesn't need digital fur technology distracting us from everything else.

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Not many of you then I take it lol

Maybe familiarity/nostalgia helps. 

I had no idea it exiated until rumblings about how they were gonna do this began in April 😁

1 hour ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

I don't know exactly what some people wanted though.

It's their job as Filmmakers to know what we want. It obviously wasn't this. Maybe it's impossible to adapt this, who knows, but maybe Hooper and his team just failed horribly. 

10 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

It's their job as Filmmakers to know what we want. It obviously wasn't this. Maybe it's impossible to adapt this, who knows, but maybe Hooper and his team just failed horribly. 

While I agree this film looks like an abomination, I disagree with your first sentence. The job of a filmmaker is to tell a compelling visual story. Many times that story involves challenging the audience, not suckering up to the audience.

Jesus Christ. WHAT WAS THAT?!!!!! Anyone who says with a straight face that looks good and is not freaky as hell is on drugs. Looks waaaaaaayy too weird than the big eyes of Alita that everyone was bitching about.

Also, seems to me like filmmakers overestimated the appeal of Cats because it has total 2.8M views in 19 hours on universal channel on YouTube.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Honestly, this is purrrfection. 

The trailer brought me back to life every and all of the 9 times I watched it. 

Tom Hooper is now my God. Bless. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

Honestly, this is purrrfection. 

The trailer brought me back to life every and all of the 9 times I watched it. 

Tom Hooper is now my God. Bless. 

It honestly is one of the movies I'm looking forward to seeing on opening day the most this year, albeit for the wrong reason. I kinda almost wanna see The Lion King too just in case the audience reacts to this trailer.

• Thanks 1