CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Even if we take the high end of "mid 30s", and use a number of 37m, that's a drop of 43.2% off of the combined Thr/Fri number.

If we take the "True Friday" number of 44.625, that's still a 17% Fri-Sat drop.

BvS's "True Friday" to Sat drop was 5.8% (53.8 to 50.66).  Yes, BvS had much higher preview numbers.  And, yes, it was Easter Weekend.  But this is summer, so a bit of it all works out.

Of course, the number might still go up.  And the Sunday drop might not be as harsh.  But if SS drops the same as BvS did on Sun (33.3%), that's 24.67, again assuming a high number of 37 today.

That's.... not an ideal sign for legs.  OTOH, it smashed the Aug OW record and no one can take away from that.  In fact, that's fantastic.  It really really is.  Shame about the legs, though.  Probably. ;)

Going into this weekend, @iJackSparrow and I (and, likely, others) both thought that, dismissing hype, $115M for the weekend would still be terrific for a cast of characters that don't yet have a movie following.  So let's keep this all in perspective.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What if they continue to shit massive turds that pull huge 100M OWs but end with under 2.0 multipliers forever? Wonder Woman, Justice League, Batman, Flash and Aquaman might all do it. 

Batman has Affleck directing. Just by that reason alone it can't be a turd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

If SS did mid 30s, it wouldn't even hit 130m. More like 127-128 million which would be terrible.

I feel like RTH might be fucking with us a bit.

Remember when RTH told us the BvS second Friday number and everyone thought it was an April Fool's Day joke?  He hit it damn near right on the nose if I'm remembering correctly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bulrog said:

That Saturday number is so bad it made re-discover out my account info so I could log on and join in on the discussion of how bad it is

guess why I am back beside not having time. I'm stunned

• Like 1

Just now, trifle said:

Going into this weekend, @iJackSparrow and I (and, likely, others) both thought that, dismissing hype, $115M for the weekend would still be terrific for a cast of characters that don't yet have a movie following.  So let's keep this all in perspective.

The perspective is hype was obviously there for this to be the breakout hit of the year, and they fucked it all up. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

JL will be lucky to hit 150 DOM unless WW really turns things around. And lol, who am I kidding this is clearly a sinking ship franchise. 

C'mon.

That's a bit much.

25 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

We shouldn't be surprised by studio interference from WB. Green Lantern went through the same problem if I remember correctly?

Green Lantern was basically heavily made by studio executives, who changed a lot of things during production, so yeah SS probably went through something similar if those reports are true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trifle said:

ABSOLUTELY!  They don't take money away from the studios if they get most of the box office in the first week.   Just the opposite, in fact! 

Now that doesn't make the OW to Total ratio worthless, especially for trying to predict future gross for DC movies.  At the same time if this movie does "only" 250 to 275, I suspect that while the famous Zombieland gif about crying money would be a bit overstated, it wouldn't be THAT far from the truth.

That is, WB would be happy with the gross while absolutely knowing that this pace isn't sustainable in the long run.  A sort of "Two things can be equally true" thing at play. :)

• Like 1