kayumanggi

A QUIET PLACE | 04.06.18 | Paramount | supernatural horror film

3 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Seems to be much more GA-friendly than those two. Those were more art-house horror, this seems like excellently-made mainstream horror.

I hope you're right!  I'm starving for more good horror!

4 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Seems to be much more GA-friendly than those two. Those were more art-house horror, this seems like excellently-made mainstream horror.

It is excellently made and mainstream. However, it heavily relies on good audience behaviour. The majority of the first hour is completely silent and subtitled for the most part. 

4 hours ago, baumer said:

I hope you're right!  I'm starving for more good horror!

Oh @baumer it’s a good one! 

• Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

13 hours ago, ban1o said:

omg i just read the actress who plays the daughter is deaf in real life. I'm so glad Krasiniski cast a deaf actress <3 I wanted to go see this before but I'll definitely support now. 

I really think this could break out to Get Out/Split levels. It looks great and different and intense.  I honestly think the Pg-13/R thing is overblown. If a film is good it's good. The rating doesn't matter. 

Same actress from Wonderstruck. Half of which took place in the era of silent cinema and was shot as though it was made then. She's a great little actress.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

"The year of Emily" should had come many years ago.HW fucked up.This woman is amazing yet very underated.She deserves all the recognition.

She will get it. Better to peak at the right time than too early. 

I`m also very optimistic that it crosses the 40M mark, maybe more. It`s doing (much) better than e.g. Pacific Rim: Uprising on MT (between 1/4 and 1/3 better than PR: U at the same time of day, 16.6% at the moment, almost #1) and Pulse. From the frontloadedness the comparison could work because when I compared PR: U`s Friday (which was good for around 37% of the weekend gross) to other horror films like Strangers 2 or Jigsaw or It there was almost no difference. Another comparison would be Split and one member mentioned that Split (40.0M OW) was lower on MT at this time of the day. And WOM will probably be much better than for PR:U.
So that would be 35-37M (28.1M x 1.25 - 1.33) plus WOM plus horror films still rule.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Paddington 2 still has 100% after almost 200 reviews. Monster of a movie.

Get Out deserved a near 100% score as well, it was a great movie and I don't even like horror. I wonder if I'll ever watch A Quiet Place; last year I only watched Split and Get Out for horror.

Get Out doesn't deserve 100%, its a great movie but not 100% great.

Paddington is however 100% great.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

It is excellently made and mainstream. However, it heavily relies on good audience behaviour.

Then I may have to skip this in the theaters. It Follows was ruined for me due to that and I had to watch it at home and while I liked it much better, it was still messed up since I knew what was coming 

I still may take a chance on this though 

19 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Then I may have to skip this in the theaters. It Follows was ruined for me due to that and I had to watch it at home and while I liked it much better, it was still messed up since I knew what was coming 

I think you should take the chance. My crowd had young kids and was fairly quiet through out. 

3 hours ago, 75Live said:

Yeah, I'm really excited to see this but also skeptical about seeing it with a packed audience. Might end up checking it out at one of the deader theaters in town.

• Like 1