CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Well... after seeing in the past two years people using poor excuses and motivations (some clearly rooting against the movie) to justify the future "deception" that would be the box office of Avengers: Infinity War, it's really great to see how the movie is killing all those arguments:

"Infinity War will not make more money than Civil War or Age of Ultron, bc there's no novelty"

hsl2vSp.gif

"Civil War is an obvious Avengers movies, the brand "Avengers" is irrelevant for the BO"

wF5Npgd.gif

"People are tired of big crossover superhero movies. It's not an event"

MBtXye0.gif

"Trailer views means nothing"

2fyrcOD.gif

"There's no hype, lol"

1RwARgx.gif

:hahaha:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

He is the real draw. Even Iron Man 3 did over 400M and opened over 170M. That was all on him.

He's a draw as Iron Man but he's a bit more hit and miss on his own, think the Sherlock Holmes films were his only non Iron Man/Marvel hits. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

RDJ's greed at this point is staggering.  I realize he is the most popular Avenger, but how about splitting up the money so that all the cast members are well compensated?  

Downey is actually a stand up guy. He refused to do more MCU movies until his cast members were better paid.

https://www.google.com/amp/metro.co.uk/2013/05/09/robert-downey-jr-fighting-for-better-pay-for-avengers-cast-3747166/amp/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

RDJ's greed at this point is staggering.  I realize he is the most popular Avenger, but how about splitting up the money so that all the cast members are well compensated?  

they're actors making hella $$$... if he's going to give his money away he should give it to people who actually need it, maybe ILL fans for medical bills or something.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

Is there a Lion King thread? My search-fu must suck since I can't find it.

Anyway, all I wanted to find out is if there are any images or even concept images for the movie released to the public.

Thread is here:

Nothing's been released to the public, though.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NoLegMan said:

if this movie broke the Monday record I'm sure this thread would explode.

The thing is that is pretty much impossible, even with the spillover. Both TFA and Black Panther had holidays on their first mondays boosting the number extremely. Infinity War doesnt have that advantage.

• Like 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

The thing is that is pretty much impossible, even with the spillover. Both TFA and Black Panther had holidays on their first mondays boosting the number extremely. Infinity War doesnt have that advantage.

I know lol, just would be insane if it even got close. 

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Similar to Depp in Pirates and outside Pirates.

That true for Depp as a lead but he's had success when he's played supporting like Fantastic Beasts and Murder on the Orient Express. 

Remain to be seen later on, but I think this movie definitely has the “you gotta see it to believe it” factor like some mentioned yesterday.

Since Saturday, I already have like 3 of my friends asking me what’s the deal with Infinity War that cause people to go all crazy and cryptic on Snapchat/Instagram lol.

Curiosity factor could help with the 2nd weekend drop, especially when there’s basically nothing else new out right now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

He is the real draw. Even Iron Man 3 did over 400M and opened over 170M. That was all on him.

Just because you can,doesn't mean you should.  He is the main draw but without the others, there is no Avengers movies.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Downey is actually a stand up guy. He refused to do more MCU movies until his cast members were better paid.

https://www.google.com/amp/metro.co.uk/2013/05/09/robert-downey-jr-fighting-for-better-pay-for-avengers-cast-3747166/amp/

Better paid, sure.  But there's a difference between making sure Evans gets six mill as opposed to two and Downey getting 100 million per film.  It just seems excessive to me.  

• Like 2

Hey, you guys remember that stupid Wikipedia chart which is just    

Fastest film to 50M  

fastest film to 100M 

fastest film to 150M  

Fastest film to 850M

fastest film to 900M  

and every single one of its goddamn 18 rows was just TFA? Well, IW has now taken the slot for fastest to 150, 200, and 250 (only one with an actual day difference). It will fal behind for 300 and never catch back up, but still at least it has saved us from 18 rows of “TFA.”

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Remain to be seen later on, but I think this movie definitely has the “you gotta see it to believe it” factor like some mentioned yesterday.

Since Saturday, I already have like 3 of my friends asking me what’s the deal with Infinity War that cause people to go all crazy and cryptic on Snapchat/Instagram lol.

Curiosity factor could help with the 2nd weekend drop, especially when there’s basically nothing else new out right now.

This movie is the biggest comic book movie event ever...

Anyone with a passing interest in this genre is getting interested.