CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

I think a 2.5x is possible. I don't see it going as low as CW or IM3 and it has better wom than Ultron all across the board so I think somewhere between a 2.4-2.5 multi is what we're looking at. Curiously enough that's gonna put it right in the ballpark of the first film unadjusted.

• Like 2

No one here thinks it can outgross Black Panther?

I'm hoping to see this have a multiplier similar to JW. I mean, if it's opening weekend is just as surprising as JW was, why can't it's run be similar?

With a $254m ow (cause you know, it's gonna go up with actuals), i'd love to see it's dom total be at $793m. 

I don't see it having JW-ish legs because of it's a sequel but also a pseudo-finale. Everyone and their mother rushed to opening weekend to avoid spoilers. JW didn't have that sense of urgency. Legs will be determined largely by repeat viewings.

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, a2knet said:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $250,000,000    39.7%
Foreign:  $380,000,000    60.3%

Worldwide:  $630,000,000  
On 4/8/2018 at 10:54 PM, Ethan Hunt said:

There's no hype lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Astonished 4

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I may have been wrong about Avengers: Infinity War's box office prospects

All of our parents' iconic Star Wars characters vs one juicy thumbboy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

No one here thinks it can outgross Black Panther?

I'm hoping to see this have a multiplier similar to JW. I mean, if it's opening weekend is just as surprising as JW was, why can't it's run be similar?

With a $254m ow (cause you know, it's gonna go up with actuals), i'd love to see it's dom total be at $793m. 

1. I don't really see that. It will be difficult to do so though, especially since BP is gonna get close to 700m. MCU multis for sequels are pretty low.

2. This is no where near as shocking as JW OW IMO. A lot of people here were predicting the OW record would go down, and those that didn't still said 220m or so. JW had a lot of predictions for a sub-150m OW.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

You're obviously in the minority. Why can't you just let the fans enjoy it? Instead of just trying to rain on others parade

Can't speak for everyone else but he's not raining on my parade at all. Contrarians for the sake of being contrarians bore me. It's when they actually have arguments that make me think that may depress me a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I may have been wrong about Avengers: Infinity War's box office prospects

Still has a long way to catch Iron Man 1 adjusted, maybe you willl be right after all :Venom:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The fact that it broke the opening weekend record is also likely to help legs by stirring even more interest among the GA (as opposed to if it had just been very big but not record-breaking). All the headlines and hysteria will only help build up curiosity and draw in non-fans who did not have this film prioritized or on their radar.

• Like 1

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

THOSE NUMBERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY ANALYSIS OF THE WEEK-END :

NFVIHJENZ FIVPBNZEVBN I)ÉEUHÈ!'§'ÈDC F$^PM`ÙM$^M`^P:M:;=:;=;=:;ÙML^PL^POK$^PÔ)ÀÇ!)ÇÀ!ÈÇPYȧT§È(§(§('R(§'('§!è('(§è'(§"'(§é"'(err§èt§èt§è(68757865RR465E6DFVYB+/M/M/¨M/¨/M¨/M*£%**MPJNHVGCVYRXRTCDESZRZQS21'"z('(è§!(ç!èàuioj,ojnipj,k?UHJP,O,Ù=^:^:;P;LPO;K,JINBHUVY

:ohmyzod::ohmyzod::ohmyzod::ohmyzod:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

Marvel and Kevin Feige should be commended for basically building a franchise from nothing to becoming one of biggest franchises in the world.

The astonishing thing is that with the rate the MCU movies are getting cranked out,the franchise is getting more popular and slowly coverting cauals into fans. Even my wife who’s not a comic book movie fan at all dug IW a lot and now onboard with the MCU.

• Like 6

OPENING WEEKEND: INFINITY WAR vs AGE OF ULTRON

Brazil: $18.8m vs $12.6m

France: $17.7m vs $12.5m

Mexico: $25.1m vs $18.7m

India: $18.6m vs $7.7m

UK: $42.2m vs $27.4m

South Korea: $39.2m vs $23.1m

Germany: $14.7m vs $9.4m

Thailand: $10m vs $4.2m

Philippines: $12.5m vs $7.4m

ENJOY THIS!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 4

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, ProtoMan said:

Marvel and Kevin Feige should be commended for basically building a franchise from nothing to becoming one of biggest franchises in the world.

The astonishing thing is that with the rate the MCU movies are getting cranked out,the franchise is getting more popular and slowly coverting cauals into fans. Even my wife who’s not a comic book movie fan at all dug IW a lot and now onboard with the MCU.

Okay they should be commended. But they didn't build it from nothing. Over 50 years of Marvel comics helped out.

• Like 6