Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

Some intriguing action beats— swords! trains off cliffs! motorcycles off cliffs!— but this looks almost exactly like the other Mission: Impossible movies? I mean, I'll be seeing it when it comes out, but do wish I felt more blown away by the trailer. Going to be curious to see how Paramount's $290 million looks on the big screen.

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think this is Cruise's swansong for Mission Impossible although I imagine Paramount will try and reboot it with perhaps a new lead a few years after Dead Reckoning Part II.

The only way that will go down even remotely well is if they try to centre it around one of the existing cast like Ilsa and make it a spin off. Tom Cruise IS these movies.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Kittridge, black leather jacket, train fight, magic trick! So many references to the first film. Henry Czerny coming back is a Maguire/Garfield level event for me. 

Czerny is like JK Simmons/J Jonah Jameson coming back.

Emilio Estevez is the Maguire/Garfield level event.

• Haha 8

Definitely has more of a sizzle reel vibe to it which is what it was made for, but looks great nonetheless. Want to give a particular shout out to that Michael Bay-esque shot of Rebecca Ferguson @33s. Just gorgeous. 

Does look a bit like Fallout 2.0, especially the Europe set stuff. We have another top notch car chase in store for us. 

it looks really great. We are seeing something more than just green screen effects that we are so used to with all the SH movies these days. Plus Cruise/Mcq combo have been spectacular. I am not expecting any less with MI7/8.  Cant wait to see this on biggest screen possible. 

34 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why'd they add those CGI clouds in the final stunt? Makes it look fake (the HALO jump in Fallout had a similar problem).

I don't think they are CGI, looks like what they showed in the featurette of how they did the jump.  It is way up and has clouds/fog that roll in.