sfran43

Memorial Weekend Thread: 4-Day Actuals - Aladdin $116.81M | John Wick 3 $30.97M | Avengers Endgame $22.06M | Pokemon DP $17.25M

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Is this for today (Saturday)? $29.5-$30 million for Aladdin! Holy @#$%! That's an amazing hold! So if it takes a tiny dip tomorrow it could stick a $90 million 3-day opening!?!?!

I mean, months ago I had it at $120 million 3-day but with all of the $75 million 4-day, that's just simply amazing!

• Like 2

TLK will make over $1 billion WW but it is another movie that is being over-estimated. I think it will be more of a Jungle Book / BATB kind of performer rather than a A:IW/Titanic kind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baumer said:

I'm not claiming to be some guru when it comes to predictions....I'm not.  I'm just saying that there's a lot of films, DISNEY films that have been over predicted.  This is going to be another one.  Making 900-950 million isn't chump change.  I just don't think it will be that much of a hit internationally to get it over the hump.

So TLK making the same as TJB makes sense, right? Right??

Just now, jedijake said:

Is this for today (Saturday)? $29.5-$30 million for Aladdin! Holy @#$%! That's an amazing hold! So if it takes a tiny dip tomorrow it could stick a $90 million 3-day opening!?!?!

Don't know about 90m, but it's looking very likely that 3 day gross > 4 day tracking now.

Go back and tell folks that during the height of Blue Genie Gate and they'd never believe you. ;)

Every single time a man attacks a woman for opening her mouth he does nothing but prove her point. Trust me, Olivia Wilde knows more about the struggles facing women and female lead films in Hollywood than you neckbeards do.

TBH after 1st teaser trailer, I used to think that if there's any film that can go over Avatar is TLK. Simply because it has sort of no weak zone unlike Avengers or any other superhero film having weak Europe and Japan, which Endgame overcome to an extent.

Now after trailer and Endgame, I think it might not be that easy and of course, I am no longer assured of it being as good as original after 1st trailer. That said, if it's as good as TJB, $2B will be cake walk but now, I don't see it going over 2.25 Bn as well 

• Like 2

TLK will probably make at or close to $1 billion OS. At least $600 million (floor) domestic. There's no way TLK is making just $300 or $400 million OS. And domestically, there's suddenly a renewed confidence and positive vibe about the remakes from Aladdin's public opinion. Nuff said.

There will be 6 billion-dollar films this year, all from Disney. EG, LK, TROS, Fro2, TS4, CM.  SM: FFH is a wild card. If the Marvel train is still running strong, then that will do it too. That would make 7. Movies like It2, Jumanji3, and Pets 2 will do well, but I don't see them making a billion.

Edited by jedijake

Now wondering how much bigger this could have been with a better marketing campaign since it seems like Disney had a winner on their hands but they didn't know it. Or maybe they'll just be happy this isn't another Memorial Day Weekend disappointment.

24 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Maybe the trolls just decided to give it up.... or maybe the troll problem just wasn't as big as it seemed to be, at least for the majority of films.... 

It was never a big problem relative to the entire landscape, it's just that they always chose high profile targets.  Which is what prompted RT to make some adjustments.  Creating a perception of the audience score being unreliable up on high where everyone was watching has a spillover effect on how the integrity of the score is viewed for every movie.

Edited by Horner

23 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I'm going to buy another ticket to Endgame just because of this comment. Might use that ticket to go see Booksmart, but I won't contribute to its box office or help it in anyway financially 🤣

Thank you for supporting indie cinema

• Thanks 1