Eric Prime

Weekend Thread: Actuals - TS4 59.7, Annabelle 20.3 (31.1 5-Day), Yesterday 17, Aladdin 10.1, Pets 7.3, MIB 6.7, Endgame 6.1

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The best thing they could do for them is lower ticket prices for them

Or increase ticket prices for other movies :ph34r:    

A nice 15% charge on Endgame is all we would have needed for that crown... 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Saw Endgame for the fourth time, theater almost full, still getting cheers.

I also asked if Annabelle got shoved into the new 50 seaters because they were underperforming, and they confirmed, they added a show or two of Yesterday.

And, on the AMC app, they have labeled Rocketman, Yesterday, Late Night and The Dead Don’t Die as Artisan

Edited by Felandria
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i don't understand how AMC is popular in America , i know they have a monopoly, the McDonald of industry, dark projection and 25 mins of previews, why do people put up with them

They don't really have a monopoly except in certain areas. AMC has about 659 theaters (15% of the total number in the US),

• Like 2

No AMC's within 50 miles of yours truly.  Closest one is in Antioch in Contra Costa County.  Regal and Cinemark (under the Century brand) dominate here with a couple of other chains and independents getting the rest.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Moses said:

Will Saturday numbers be late as Friday?

Friday numbers weren't late, they just didn't come from Charlie so we had to wait for the normal sources who were as on time as they always are. And if we haven't gotten anything yet from Charlie chances are we won't until the official updates that will come in about 6 hours or so with Saturday numbers and Sunday estimates. Charlie's very early numbers aren't the norm, they're a privilege.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Friday numbers weren't late, they just didn't come from Charlie so we had to wait for the normal sources who were as on time as they always are. And if we haven't gotten anything yet from Charlie chances are we won't until the official updates that will come in about 6 hours or so with Saturday numbers and Sunday estimates. Charlie's very early numbers aren't the norm, they're a privilege.

I think he is having troubles with accessing data

49 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I think he is having troubles with accessing data

Yes, that is what we know, and until he can access it we go back to normal, waiting for other sources like Deadline and twitter for early numbers.

7 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

The best thing they could do for them is lower ticket prices for them

The rightest thing written on the board today...keeping "indie" and "smaller" movies around longer in empty theaters is not gonna do anything...but slashing the price will actually fill the theaters...

In Tacoma there is an Indy Theater called the Grand Cinema. It has a membership program that gives food and drink discounts and it's got great reviews. I need to check it out

Current playlist

Yesterday

Rocketman

Late Night

The Dead Dont Die

Pavarotti

6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

In Tacoma there is an Indy Theater called the Grand Cinema. It has a membership program that gives food and drink discounts and it's got great reviews. I need to check it out

Current playlist

Yesterday

Rocketman

Late Night

The Dead Dont Die

Pavarotti

Mine essentially has the same. Subtract Rocketman and replace it with Toy Story 4 though. Rest is the same.

• Like 1

What I'm wondering is if AMC will be changing their subscriber program to a "tiered" one, where you can get the indie movies for the "cheap" sub price, but the blockbusters for a more expensive one...ala what Moviepass tried at the end after everyone had quit them.

Edited by TwoMisfits

12 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wonder if Deadline is havingnthecsabe issue bad Charlie? Usually they have a Saturday update by now...

They usually don't update between the Saturday morning update and the official estimates Sunday morning. When there's a big movies opening, they'll sometimes add an update I think, but this is a pretty ho hum weekend in the grander scheme.