Eric Duncan

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

19 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Relatively speaking Marvel is doing better than anyone in North America. But they're the only ones expected to do pre-pandemic numbers.

Its weird too we've had people throw babies in the air for the OWs for the other recent big budget Disney films Free Guy and Jungle Cruise, and SC is going to smoke them. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

How is the 3rd biggest weekend of the year in September disappointing for a C-tier superhero movie?

There's only one movie that outperformed a Marvel OW this year and that's F9.

Relatively speaking Marvel is doing better than anyone in North America. But they're the only ones expected to do pre-pandemic numbers.

Even that statement is pushing it which makes it all the more great imo

Yes Yessssss! Money. . .money for Disney and Marvel!!!!

😁

If I wasn't sick from covid, I'd have seen this yesterday!

Edit: For those wondering, I'm recovering and was already fully vaccinated, but a few of those quarantine days have been....unpleasant.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Sad 4

Personally, I think anything over 50 million for a new superhero who most people never heard of is great. 

Many complain about the meltdowns, but part of the reason why they happen is because we have trackers who are also super fans. They want certain moves to succeed and others to fail. 

There are also trackers/numbers people  who play it down the middle and their numbers are often close to the actual numbers. I mean people like Rth, Keyser, Porthos, Katniss and a few others. If people stopped setting expectations so unrealistically high, then the meltdowns would lessen. 

I am in no rush to see it,  but the movie will do great this weekend. Happy to have an Avenger that especially Asian Americans can celebrate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Thanks @EmpireCity for numbers but Deadline projection seems shit.

Now I don't know how much things have changed since I stopped doing this, but very least I think $19M is gonna happen.

19.5-20M is likely at this point.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

With 19M would be hard to get +68M, but still around 65M and i'm happy with that.

Now if it manage to do 20M then yeah, +68M.

I'm excited to see Cinemascore, i'm not beting on an A+ despite the incredible online reception but i don't think it's Impossible either. Legs for this should be very good.

Honestly I was kind of worried that the reviews are going to be mediocre. 230 reviews and this thing is killing it.

I'm so glad too because of covid a bad review movie would have gotten killed. I just really hope that no way home is amazing too and the eternals. 

• Like 1